UNPAID internship visa requirements for foreigners in the Philippines

I hope this website will be able to help me out about this dilemma or confusion that I have with visa applications for unpaid interns.

I have been reading up on visa applications for cases such as mine and it has been MIXED answers, many people tell me to apply for a student visa, work visa or just settle with a temporary visitors visa.

It seems that the company that I will be an intern at suggests that I would not need a Special Work Permit to be an intern at their company for 4 months as well and mention that a temporary visitors visa will suffice.

The embassy here also told me to contact the Beaureau of immigration in the Philippines but I am not sure how. They were also unsure of the proper unpaid internship procedure (visa) I would need.

I would really appreciate help and advice to be able to legally go about this. I don't want to potentially get into trouble and do my internship properly.

I hope you can help me and I thank you in advanced

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Philippines