Summons for divorce from Sousse Court need Lawyer

Hi I'm hoping someone can give a recommendation for an English speaking Lawyer in Sousse.
I've received divorce summons ( in Arabic) for early September ( reason it's left til now is because my Tunisian husband told me it was just a mediation appointment and that I need not attend.
It has now come to light that he 'would rather' I did not attend so that I can not contest as he owns a very nice property bought from my money!
I transferred a large amount a few years ago as we intended to live there with our children, it all ended when he told me he had lost the money in gambling! I now know he actually bought a property and registered it in his name only!
So, I guess I've been conned 😕
I think I need to put a bit of a fight tho first, I can't let him walk away with a very large amount as I have two children to support
Any help much appreciated

Prayers!

Beanie1965 wrote:

Hi I'm hoping someone can give a recommendation for an English speaking Lawyer in Sousse.
I've received divorce summons ( in Arabic) for early September ( reason it's left til now is because my Tunisian husband told me it was just a mediation appointment and that I need not attend.
It has now come to light that he 'would rather' I did not attend so that I can not contest as he owns a very nice property bought from my money!
I transferred a large amount a few years ago as we intended to live there with our children, it all ended when he told me he had lost the money in gambling! I now know he actually bought a property and registered it in his name only!
So, I guess I've been conned 😕
I think I need to put a bit of a fight tho first, I can't let him walk away with a very large amount as I have two children to support
Any help much appreciated

Do you have any proof that it was your money that bought the property?  Was the property bought before or after the marriage?  If after the marriage then I'm afraid you don't stand much of a chance.  Do you  have any sort of proof at all? 

There are English speaking lawyers in Sousse but tbh I wouldn't trust them to get you anything?  I will p.m. you with the name of a fantastic English lawyer who has a contact in Sousse who maybe able to assist you.

Good job Dolly
I am afraid I feel the same way
That he s a scumbag and she got taken
Too bad...
Sad!

Be careful... maybe if YOU DON'T show up he will win the case and all s requests will he be granted... so go no matter what...

I second that!