Close

Anyone living in/near Jaen?

Hi!  I'm moving to Jaen later this year and it would be great to get to know people before I arrive!  Any tips on places to visit would also be welcomed!

Hello Kirstie

I live in Alcalá La Real which is at the bottom of Jaén province, about an hours drive from Jaén city.
It's a much smaller town than Jaén but a very nice place to visit and we have a great market on Tuesday mornings. Throughout the year, especially in the spring and summer, there are lots of festivals and events going on. Have you heard of ETNOSUR? it's a big music festival and very popular. We also have a magnificent Santa Semana but I expect Jaén will have a fabulous one too, being that it is a cathedral city.

All the very best with your move and I hope that you enjoy living in this beautiful part of the world.
If you need any info or help, please do contact me.

Lottie x

Hi,

Thanks for the info - I've not heard of the festival but will definitely look into it as I've been hoping to track down some local festivals!  Sounds like a lovely town, I'll add it to my list!

Thanks
Kirstie

Expatriate health insurance in Andalusia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Andalusia

Moving to Andalusia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Andalusia

Travel insurance in Andalusia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Andalusia

Flights to Andalusia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Andalusia

2 million members!

Watch later