Close

Foreigner got pregnant

I want to ask question about my situation. I'm a foreigner who studied in Germany. I finished my master just few months ago. And now i got pregnant from an American guy. My visa will expire this end of August but can still have extend for a year for job hunting. Any idea what can be my stAtus here while im pregnant

Pregnancy in itself does not give you a visa (unless the father is German citizen). So you'll have to get one on other grounds.
If you marry the father, you can get a family reunion visa as his dependent.

The pregnancy shouldn't change your status. In America there is always the issue of anchor babies. Since any child born in America is automatically a citizen it has been used by some illegal foreigners as a grounds to stay so that an American child would not be separated from its mother.

But German law does NOT recognize being born in Germany to a foreign mother as giving German citizenship.

beppi :

Pregnancy in itself does not give you a visa (unless the father is German citizen). So you'll have to get one on other grounds.
If you marry the father, you can get a family reunion visa as his dependent.

If he's legally resident in Germany, which we don't know.  He could be a tourist