New To Aarhus & Need A Social Life!

Hey everyone,
  I moved to Denmark from Canada in December. I was staying with my bfs parents near Skive, but we moved to Aarhus a couple of weeks ago. I have not met too many people in Aarhus yet, and I am desperate for a social life! I was in bed sleeping before 11pm on Saturday night, which is depressing! I also took my bf shoe shopping today with me today, and let me just say that I need some girlfriends to go shopping with immediately. I would love to meet other expats to hang out with! My bf works out of town, and I get rather bored and lonely at times. If anyone is interested in making a new friend, or taking me along for a night out, let me know, I need some excitement, and some friends!
Lindsay

Hi and welcome on board Lindsay :)

I can recommend you the Aarhus expat network where you can meet other members and share experiences and advices ;)
I hope also your post will receive quick responses :)

Have a great day
Armand

Hi Lindsay,
Sort of same problem here. I'm french and moved to Århus in december, and I know very few people here aprt from my gf and some of her (danish) friends. I work out of town and my colleagues don't live in Århus :( I'm away the two coming weekends but if you want to meet later on, or on week days, don't hesitate. I still have to get to know this city and its people!

BTW, on this site there are around 25 profiles of people in århus. It could be fun to arrange a get-together sometime. I've added everyone in Århus to my contacts, so far 3 have replied, that is already 5 active people, not bad! I'll see how it turns out - could be I'd get more replies should I have picked a less ridiculous username... Well, fuck det, now it's too late..

Hey I'm new to Aarhus to. Been here nearly 3 weeks now. My husband is studying at uni but I don't have a job yet so kinda in the same position as you! Would love to meet up sometime. During the week would be great, i find the week more monotonous than they weekend cos then at least I have my husband to hang out with!

Hey, I think it would be fun to meet up for sure! I am available Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I have Danish school until 4pm then I am totally free. Let me know what works for you, and what you feel like doing/where you feel like meeting up. I am looking forward to it!
Lindsay

Lindsay,

I told Jess this too, so will pass it on to you. If you are new to Aarhus, the best place to meet other expats is the meetup group in Aarhus.

Check out meetup.com/Aarhus/, where lots of expats meet and find new friendship based on a common interest: Not Knowing Anything About Denmark!

Have Fun
Charlie

Hi Charlie!

I would argue that the best place for this is Expat.com!

Regards
Armand

Armand,

Not arguing with you about that. They just have regular meetups and might be nice to be able to mingle among a group of people and find someone you connect with.

Have not seen any meetups listed on Expat.com, so just trying to help those new to Arhus get started.

Was not meant to be a salp to Expat.com. Just trying to help, so if I hit a nerve ... sorry.

That is the problem with posting. There is always someone to take offence when none is intended.

Charlie

Hi :)  im also in kinda the same situation i moved here acouple years ago and have also had a hard time meeting people.  I also pretty much just know my bf's friends too. But would love t:)o meet up sometime :)