Close

Looking for long term affordable rental accommodation is Lisbon area

Hi,

I have recently accepted a job opportunity based in Lisbon for what is expected to be a 2 year period. I am now looking for suitable rental accommodation in the Lisbon area.

From the research i have manged to do, there seems to be a property bubble developing in the city centre, with rental prices increasing significantly. Keeping this in mind, I am looking for areas outside of the city centre, but with good transport links in for work. My budget is in the region of €500 per month.

My job is based in the Saldanha region, therefore I will be looking at areas on either the yellow or red metro lines. Two areas that seem suitable are Odivelas and Moscavide. 

Can anyone give me some advice on these two areas, whether my budget suits the average rental prices for these areas, what the areas are like to live in etc. Also if there are any alternative regions that would meet my needs, please feel free to recommend.

I am planning to come out to Lisbon in the next few weeks, so would want to visit the areas first hand.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Thanks
james

Expatriate health insurance in Lisbon

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Lisbon

Moving to Lisbon

Find tips from professionals about moving to Lisbon

Travel insurance in Lisbon

Enjoy stress-free travel to Lisbon