New in Lyon

Hello everyone.  I recently arrived in Lyon from the US.  I have a work visa until January 2012.  I would love to meet some new people and it is hard here because I have not learned French yet!  If anyone is interested in going out and exploring the city, let me know.

good luck, you a have a french book for explore Lyon.
His name is
"le petit paumé"

Hi and welcome on Expat.com eweb384 :)

I can suggest you to have a look at the American expatriates in Lyon network if you want to meet american members who are already in Lyon and may help you settle. Otherwise i hope you will get responses on the forum.

regards
Armand

i here as well, and i am soooo bored..  i not form US but i speak english, contact me if u are bored.. regards

Hello,
Fine !
I'm French, I've two children, but I have free time.
I want to improve my English, so it could be a good idea to meet us.
Tell me if you are interrested

Rachel

Hi!! I'm moving to Lyon in 2 weeks to take a 3-week French course in Aliance Française! Coming on my own so won't have any friends at all!xD I'm planning to stay in Lyon maybe maybe for a year.

Take care!
Meritxell

Hi Meritxell,
I just moved to Lyon and have started at Alliance Française. I will be living here for a year.
Might see you around.

Kate

Hi Meritxell and Kate! I take classes at Alliance Francaise also.  Maybe we can arrange a meet-up after classes when you have both arrived and settled in Lyon. Let me know if you guys are interested!  Take care.

Emily

Hi Emily,
Sounds like a good idea.
Kate

good luck!

good luck

Hi Kate, Meritxell and eweb,
I'm French and I live in Lyon so if you don't mind having a French around I'll be glad to meet you too!

Take care!