Living in Perth

You are an expatriate living in Perth, or you used to  work and live in Perth.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Perth?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Perth?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Perth?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Perth is a great wide spaced lovely lazy city, leafy green, beach sand in your toes, surf, birds, boats - gotta love it.  Careful though - once you get here you won't want to go away again.

Perth will hold your heart.  If they could they drag NZ around the coast and anchor it to Rotto life would be perfect here...

Hey!
Living in Perth is great and there's always things happening!
The next thing up and coming is a play at YIRRA YAAKIN Theatre Company in Perth called IF I DROWN I CAN SWIM written by Maitland Schnaars and Directed by Julian Fuentes-Reta.
I found more info on corazondevaca.com

Hope that will interess someone!

Hello, maybe it would be a good idea if you started a new topic on "Cultural Agenda 2010 - Perth" where all of you could announce news on happenings in Perth?

My life has slowed WAY down since I moved here! I don't work outside the home (but it's a full-time job and then some). I didn't know anyone except for my husband's friends, and as I wasn't going out to work every day it was hard to meet new people. Church helped some, but not a lot. So I started a meetup group for Expat Americans, to have someone to commiserate with, and celebrate my holidays with.

Perth is a gorgeous city, with a laidback lifestyle, but I find a lot of Aussies tend to already have their network of friends- if that makes any sense- so it can be hard to break in, so to speak.

The past few years the music scene has really exploded, with some world class entertainers coming to town. As a previous poster said, there's always something happening.

For me Perth is one of the beautiful place in Australia... People are all nice here they are friendly and accommodating...

[Moderated]