Safe driving companies that tour the island

Hello to all of you. I was wondering if it would be better to rent a car out there or hire a driver to explore the island.?? I read that driving can be a little crazy out there lol. Any good information out there about this topic? Thanks

Driving is ridiculous here. AND if you dont know where you are going and dont speak spanish its worse.

So  find a good driver and taxi.  Where will you be?   One of us I am sure  can recommend someone.

Thanks planner you are the best!!! We will be arriving in the end of September for 5 days. We are very interested in relocating so we want to see all of these nice places you guys recommended.

We are flying into Punta cana by the way lol.

You will have  hard time seeing much of he island in 5 days from the PC area

Bob K

Ok thanks,  good to know!! I guess I'll focus on punta cana, Las terrenas, and a couple other areas that many have mentioned.  We will cover as much as we can while we are there. If we like what we see we will probably move there within a year. Once again we appreciate you guys taking time out of your days to educate us all. Want to look at nice places to rent first plus learn about how to purchase a property after that. This forum is helping us out tremendously

With 5 days you will be hard pressed to cover Punta Cana area. Las terrenas is a good 4 to 5 hour drive from there. Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete is about 6 hours from Punta Cana.

This island is fairly big!!!

Ok this is very nice to know thanks.

And it is very diverse.

Here is what I suggest - spend some time considering the lifestyle you want. Do you golf? Luke watersports? Hiking? Do you need schools for.kids? Church? How important is shopping? Other expats? Do you want laid back? Do you need or want to work? Whats your budget looking like?

All this can stear you in the right direction. Punta cana is very different from the north coast, fro. Santo Domingo, Samana, Jarabacoa etc etc.

No one place is right for everyone! Explore honey.

Ok thanks we will brainstorm on these things! We don't do water sports,  we do like hiking, shopping and expats. Wouldn't have to worry about employment the first year but my wife is interested in continuing her real estate career out there if there are opportunities.

We do love ocean views and walking the beaches lol.

Oops forgot to say that we like laid-back environment and no school anymore lol. Sorry for the 3 part reply.

No worries it all helps.

Driving is not that bad here . Although they do not obey street signs or anything like that, but if you take your time you will be OK .... if you can drive in New York City you  definitely  can drive here 👍🏾🇩🇴

We are booked for 3 weeks in Punta Cana Feb. 2018.  However, we are very, very seriously thinking we would like to rent for 2-3 months in 2019 in the Las Terrenas area.  Is it feasible to find/hire an honest driver to take us to Las Terrenas for a day, and is it feasible to find a reputable rental agent to show us possible rental properties while we're in Las Terrenas for that day?

Sure it is!!!! You will want to plan 2 or 3 days though, its oo far away.

Sosua or Las Terrenas - is one better than the other for price, safety, etc. for a couple of retired 61 and 65 year old Saskatchewan natives?

Completely different places!!! You need to visit both places.

Thanks for replying, Planner.  Guess it's back to the drawing board to do some homework.