Invitation and marriage.

Please, I am a Nigerian and was dating a Romanian girl,she have been to Nigeria and I have also been to Romania. We both had a son together and I want to come to Romania to see my son and if possible get married to her in Romania. But how is it possible I get a visa to Romania? Is it through invitation letter from her or any other means? What are the documents I need to come with for the marriage and what are the processes involved? After marriage can we move down fully  to the UK to reside together?
Thank you so very much.

Yes, she will need to get an invitation letter and have it sent to you, then you may apply for a visit visa.

As for documents required, your girlfriend (or you) should read here for the requirements:

http://www.dlep-iasi.ro/casatorii/casat … in--3.html

As for your question about living in the UK, the answer in theory would be: yes.  However that question is better addressed in the England forum, as it does not relate to Romania.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you. I really appreciate.

Hello Romaniac

Just want to ask,I'm from the Philippines and my gf is Romanian.were planning to get married in romania next Year.But the thing is,She Doesn't want To Stay in Romania For Too Long Because she has A Job Waiting For Her somewhere in Europe.my question is?how long Does it Take for Me To process our Papers as husband and wife and when she Goes To Europe can I follow her there or do I need a shengen visa to enter and if I need how long do you think it will take to process.

Thanks Very Much Romaniac 😁👍

LivCarlo wrote:

Hello Romaniac

Just want to ask,I'm from the Philippines and my gf is Romanian.were planning to get married in romania next Year.But the thing is,She Doesn't want To Stay in Romania For Too Long Because she has A Job Waiting For Her somewhere in Europe.my question is?how long Does it Take for Me To process our Papers as husband and wife and when she Goes To Europe can I follow her there or do I need a shengen visa to enter and if I need how long do you think it will take to process.

Thanks Very Much Romaniac 😁👍

Hello,

Once you're married, you'll be issued a marriage certificate immediately, so she can go to her job (Romania is in EU also btw) anytime I suppose.  As for traveling there with her, you need to contact the embassy of the country where you would be going, as it has nothing to do with Romania.  You might post a message in the forum of the country where you would be going also, I cannot possibly know how long it takes to process papers/applications in other EU countries or how long to obtain a Schengen visa.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello Romaniac

Good Day,I Really Appreciate It.thanks Very Much For The Information.you are A Big Help.
👍👍😁😁

Hello,

Just want to ask,one of the requirements for the visit visa is I have to have a valid medical insurance?can I get it here in Manila or there in Romania?

Thanks Very Much.👍😁

LivCarlo wrote:

Hello,

Just want to ask,one of the requirements for the visit visa is I have to have a valid medical insurance?can I get it here in Manila or there in Romania?

Thanks Very Much.👍😁

Get travel medical insurance in your home country

Thanks Very Much Romaniac.👍😁

hello romaniac
Are you there

Hi Romaniac,
I am from the Philippines.
I am separated from my husband but my marital status is technically still married bec my marriage has not yet been annulled by the Philippine court.
I met a Romanian guy online who eventually became my bf until now. He knew my status from the start and was ok with it as long as I can be with him in Romania through a long-stay visa while we wait for my marriage to be annulled.
We were thinking of getting me a work visa so I can have a long stay status.  But when I read the conditions of a work visa from the Romanian embassy, it seems I would not qualify for a work visa bec I would not satisfy any of the condition/requirments of a work visa.
For example: skilled, company exhange....
My question is, is it possible to get a long-stay visa through a work visa if I get it from a Romanian employer who will process everything for me?
Please shed light. Thank you.