Transfer of student permesso for non-EU student

Hi all,  Thank you for reading and considering this question. I apologize if there is any overlap in these questions with previous ones.

I am an American student who has a Dutch student residency for 2 years (does not expire until next year). My program of study involves me living and studying in both the Netherlands and italy. For several reasons (Italian internship and pursuit of Italian citizenship by right of ancestry)  I want to change my Dutch student residency to Italian student residency.

I need to know:
Will I need to return to my home country for a Visa to make this change?
What is required for the change?
If anyone has information about limits to hours and compensation for internships/work with a student visa, please link.

Thank you all very much.


New topic