Dependent Visa Complementary Examination

Hello everyone,

I applied for a dependent visa to join my husband in the month of February 2017. My husband is working in Belgium from May 2016 and we got married in December 2016. Recently, when I enquired the consulate, I got the following response:

You enquire about the status of a visa application. We regret, but we can't speed up the procedure.
The concerned service took a decision to defer due to complementary examination.

Can anyone tell me what does this mean? How long can I expect this complementary examination to complete? and what it is?

Hello,

When they give this style of response, it means two things:
- Either you bother them to ask constantly about the progress of your visa file.
- Either you have a missing and / or incorrect document. They will then contact you to ask for more information.

Hi, I have the same situation.

Belgium consulate reached me and told me to reach immigration office, because they requested a document from my husband in Belgium. So I sent them an email and asked what should we provide and ibz sent an answer that “ You enquire about the status of a visa application. The concerned service took a decision to defer due to complementary examination. The competent service in Brussels or the diplomatic post abroad will take contact with the visa applicant if and when additional information or documents are required.”

But because consulate reached me I sent an email, now what does it mean? I sent another email that I explained consulate told me to reach them, and another email to consulate that ibz doesn't tell me what should I provide..

What should I do, I am confused

@shruti could you please tell me what was the following process for you after you received this answer?

Thanks

Well, administration is always a pain... and that's a fantastic generic answer.

If your husband is in Belgium, then they'll """contact""" him, ***cough*** after the vacation or he can try to reach them on phone (good luck with that)

Basically you can be sure they'll ask the last pay slip or MyRent certificate or the insurance document (mutuelle)

Hi Alex, you are always here to help. I appreciate. We need to wait to see what they will say. As you say it's very hard to reach them by phone as they are working only a few hours in a day, I think they are very busy. Maybe they reply my email. So, nothing to be done else. Thanks 🙏🏼

Lucky you. How long since you did your application? Is your husband a EU citizen?

ravenborn6 wrote:

Lucky you. How long since you did your application? Is your husband a EU citizen?

Are you asking me? No he is not EU and we have been waiting for 5 months, I don't feel lucky :)

Sorry dear...I hope you get feedback soon. 5 months is alot and frustrating.

@likeaen did you ever receive your visa, i got the same email today