Festivals in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

What are the main festivals in Saudi Arabia? Are there art, food, music, film, or other festivals expats can attend and participate in?

When do the festivals take place? How long does each festival usually last?

What activities go on during the festival? Is it necessary to buy tickets?

Are there any other events that take place in Saudi Arabia that shouldn't be missed?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

The major festivals are Eid and only Eid

Then There's Saudi national day

Then there's one cultural festival during Feb month called as Jandriayah festival. No tickets are applicable. Just walk in :) it lasts for around 7 days, first few days are for singles and remaining is for families.

Adding to the (above) list is Souq Okaz in Taif, Historical festival in Balad (Jeddah) during Ramadan, Summer Shopping festival

dont forget Al-Jenadriyah festival in the north part of riyadh in spring time..

copy by wikipedia..
Al-Jenadriyah (Arabic: مهرجان الجنادرية Maharajān al-Janādrīyah) is a cultural and heritage festival held in Jenadriyah (or Janadriyah[1]) near Riyadh in Saudi Arabia each year, lasting for two weeks. It is organised by the National Guard, and the first was held in 1985.[2] Activities include a camel race, performance of local music and dancing of the Ardah and the Mizmar. The festival draws more than one million visitors every year.[2] The festival "normally falls during the month of February or March...Long ago, Janadriyah was known as 'Rowdhat Souwais' and was mentioned by numerous historians and writers."[1]

:|

My two favorite festivals are Souq Okaz, held outside of Taif and Janadriya, which is held in Riyadh. Both are historic and cultural festivals: lots of food, dancing, cultural demonstrations and art exhibits.
See my article: Memories of Souq Okaz

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : The link doesn't redirect to the article and requires a log in

There's nothing called "festivals" in saudi. Only the religious days . Mostly because they dnt mix. So u jave to find out ur own way to amuse yourself.  U jave to fing a group to gather with. Otherwise it would be too boring for u being in Saudi.  Everything in saudi is about who u are andwwhich group u belong. ..  There's is a website called internarion that organizes  events 8n different compounds and they are about meeting people and culture. ..

Internations

https://exploringsaudiarabia.wordpress. … al-albani/
Picture of my favorite festival, Souq Okaz.

it is a very good web page....

aaaah m here from last two years and got nothing here to attend but luckly i got some dance classes( free style) so now i am enjoying that and happy 😬🤓

Hey to Every one.
Regarding Festival in Saudi Arabia only 3 times a year. One is National days. Other two is Islamic festival.
National day is only for Saudi national. Many company no give  holiday for Foreigner , Only well reputed companies can give off.
Foreigner can not went freely outside. because Saudi Nation is in a full form. Expat are fear.
Other 02 Holiday is Enjoyable for Muslims. Expat went in a parks and Enjoy festival with her families . celebrating with such like Bar-Q  program, Meeting there old friends and Families.
Children can enjoy here holidays with swings, Sea swimming, etc. These holiday total 08 days in a year.
Several Expat went Bahrain bridge, it is very beautiful for visitor.
Rich expat went his home country for few days such like festival.
or someone went Bahrain, Kuwait, U.A.E for entertaining his holidays.For shopping such like festival a big offer on a big shopping malls