Close

Festivals in Ecuador

Hello everyone,

What are the main festivals in Ecuador? Are there art, food, music, film, or other festivals expats can attend and participate in?

When do the festivals take place? How long does each festival usually last?

What activities go on during the festival? Is it necessary to buy tickets?

Are there any other events that take place in Ecuador that shouldn't be missed?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

On the coast...

New Year's Eve in Salinas

Dias Disfuntos in Anconcito Nov 1 & 2

Dia de Communa Montañita y San Isidro Labrador in Montanita May 14 & 15

Carnival...Everywhere! (The weekend prior to Ash Wednesday, varies usually end of February)

Christmas Week

Easter Week

In Quito aside from the aforementioned we have festivals all the time. Most are free and some are not like music festival Quitofest. Some areas also like to have their own thing and have their own festivals. Sometimes it’s a bit too much with all the festivities, and I hope I don’t sound the Grinch or stooge or whoever, but I just can’t wait until summer ends in Quito (and yes it is summer season despite the weather nonsense people speak about). Anyway what I’m going about is literally the hoards of returning Ecuadorians, and take McDonalds for example it’s usually empty during the week the rest of the year but during summer it’s packed each and every day. That’s how it is everywhere else. 

So I loves me some September through May!

Expatriate health insurance in Ecuador

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ecuador

Moving to Ecuador

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ecuador

Travel insurance in Ecuador

Enjoy stress-free travel to Ecuador