Internet down?

According to this internet is down in Libya since Thursday. So no more updates from Libya.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Greets Shipwrecked

Confirmed!

Can anybody help me get in touch with Officeboy?  Have been trying to connect with the young Ghananian man who worked for us in Tripoli.  We are very worried for his safety.  Wanted to ask for Officeboy's help.

justice4pal > I sent you a PM

Is the internet back in Libya ? (head a lot of bad news this morning)

I've checked google's reports - the internet still looks down

OK so the internet is down which is a shame ..

Currently worried about someone in Benghazi who's phone doesn't seem to be able to send texts ... is the phone system still a problem in the east???

Thanks!

The last I heard was that only Libyana was working.

Guy's, at press hotel, they have internet, my phone works from outside, so you can call, just try lots as it connects eventually, am still here and will help where I can.
00218 91 491 0095
OB

Just a quick update for all re internet connection. Libya appears to still have the connection blocked at the main backbone, so looks like no internet for anyone for the time being. As for journalists - am guessing they'll all have VSat links, which is why they have i/net access. I keep pinging the network and doing traces every day, and will update again as soon as I can see any change.

Fifer wrote:

Just a quick update for all re internet connection. Libya appears to still have the connection blocked at the main backbone, so looks like no internet for anyone for the time being. As for journalists - am guessing they'll all have VSat links, which is why they have i/net access. I keep pinging the network and doing traces every day, and will update again as soon as I can see any change.

Hi,
how about the phones? I've been trying to call someone from Benghazi for more than a week. Somebody heard from there?