Life in Tehran

hello.
We live currently in Dhaka but thinking of moving to Tehran.
Its not an easy decision for foreigner moving to Tehran,i need here comments of foreigners already lived in Tehran in recent years.
Please write about life in Tehran, any information would be useful, like time spending after school, work hours, weekends.
Is there any club for foreigners, where do meet ppl each other?
I m a tennis player, where can i play tennis in Tehran.

Thats my question too. Is there any club in Iran? Like where we can go dancing? or is it more of house parties?

guys Iran is an Islamic country which the government really care about that so let me inform you that there is no such a thing like night club or disco or even bar.
but good news is that you can find any kind of drinks there easily in black market :) all brands.
parties for dancing are usually house parties.
Fridays are holidays (weekend ) in Iran, same as other Islamic countries.
in Tehran you can play tennis, golf in many places
one of the best place is enghelab sport complex
during winter you can go to ski in 4 places (I know its new for u to hear that there is snow here, so if its new it means you didnt study well in geography :) )
if you live in Tehran you can feel it easily that only very less percentage of people really care about Islamic rules , so don't be scared or something and if you don't put your finger in the pie of government Iran and especially Tehran is safe to live.

Hi

i am new Expat living here in Tehran since one month

and based on my small experiance i can tell you that living in tehran is not so bad as you imagina but you need to be adapted to certain thing then everything will be ok

in general people here are friendly with foreigners and i didn't face big problem however language is one of chalnge you will face as a lot of people didn't speak English specially in the street

Cost of living is very expensive which you should pay attention specially renting cost

Life after work hours or school are depending on your social network and if you will have your family with you or not
there is big gardens and parks which children can enjoy a lot however if you are a lone you should start making friends which will help you in terms of social activity

there is here one international British school which is nice but also Expensive as this is the only international school existing and only foreigners are allowed to inter this school and this would be one of your nice way to know a lot of foreigners lived in Tehran with good standard

Since you Tines player so you will enjoy as there is very good club in Tehran called Enghlab Club which is very nice , big and they have all facility including gulf , swimming pool , football , 40 Tines court and squash court but also membership is not sheep

so finally as Expat here if you have good package you can enjoy and you can have reasonable life style however if your package is not good enough don't even think about it and normally if you are working in a good multinational company all what we talk about it should be part from your package even the club

and if you need anything else let me know ,

below attached file is the latest school contacts and admin fees for next year also below are the link for the above mentioned club the site in Farsi but at least you can have feeling about the club from the photo
enghelabsportcomplex.com

British School:
Office manager and PA to Headmaster
Tel: +98 (21) 22 61 86 56 - 8
        +98 (21) 22 61 66 94 - 5
Fax: +98 (21) 22 60 49 09
Email: [email protected]

if you need anything else let me know

Hi Guys,

Disco ?! Dance club ?! Bar ?! and in Islamic Republic of IRAN ?!

Sorry guys, but where do you think you are going?! It is not LA !

In Iran:
Social Life: BOOM
Economy: Boom BOOM
Freedom! BOOOOM
Night Life: BOOOOOOOOM

Before my marriage, I was a DJ in Iran for private parties and wedding, and God knows how many times we faced police ! Even in weddings !!!! that why women and men are together in one place and dance ?! God knows how many times I bribed police, so they wouldn't confiscate my DJ Equipments. 10$ , 15$ , even 50$ !!!!

Iran is no cool place for living, but sure a good place to have a visit and see the historical places. Iran was IRAN a day and  once upon a time it was the Empire of Persia, where Cyrus made the first Human Rights in the human history... but today, everything STINKS just like Islamic Republic !

Thanks.. I have a friend who is a Dj in Shiraz. He did mentioned how the parties are done persian way. Oh well.. i'll visit Iran when they have their vacation there too. Atleast i have a local that i can hang out with

mochin wrote:

Hi Guys,

Disco ?! Dance club ?! Bar ?! and in Islamic Republic of IRAN ?!

Sorry guys, but where do you think you are going?! It is not LA !

In Iran:
Social Life: BOOM
Economy: Boom BOOM
Freedom! BOOOOM
Night Life: BOOOOOOOOM

Before my marriage, I was a DJ in Iran for private parties and wedding, and God knows how many times we faced police ! Even in weddings !!!! that why women and men are together in one place and dance ?! God knows how many times I bribed police, so they wouldn't confiscate my DJ Equipments. 10$ , 15$ , even 50$ !!!!

Iran is no cool place for living, but sure a good place to have a visit and see the historical places. Iran was IRAN a day and  once upon a time it was the Empire of Persia, where Cyrus made the first Human Rights in the human history... but today, everything STINKS just like Islamic Republic !

i am what i am ..... do no more

Hi Guys....
I am an Iranian and would like to find a friend who talks English...to practice this language....
is there any friend around

Hello, am new in this website and i would like to get some useful information regarding relocating to iran. my husband will be transferred to iran.
we would like to live in the northern side of tehran. but i have no idea how i will start searching. additionally, what is the cost of rent on that side of tehran. and what type of residential area. i believe there are mostly flats (building types)available and affordable. am sure a house would be more expensive!
any information would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Hi,I'm Ghanaian and speaks English.I'll be in Iran in January,2014.We can meet.My email is:[email protected]

hi..aim new here..its good that i found this page..hoping to meet fellow filipinos here in  Iran..have a good day...

Hi there,

If you still need some help around town, please do let me know. It'll be my pleasure to help you out as much as i can. Farshid

Hello, everybody.   I am staying now in Iran for almost seven months. I would say that i Find it difficult because of language barrier.  Im so dependent of my husband.  We came from Europe and moved here But we  originated from Asia. I just want to share experiences from other filipinos whos staying also in Iran