We move to Panama. Need informations. :-)

Dear Expats,

I was born in the Netherlands an I live since 40 years in Luxemburg. Mother of 3 kids and 6 grandchildren. I speak dutch, german, french and some english. I am learning spanisch.
Now my husband and I like to move to Panama due to the severe problems in Europe.
We are financially independent, but we want to do something in tourism in Panama. Built some nice little houses, for guests (tourists) and our family. I suppose in Panama you can live most of the time outdoors? Or am I wrong?
What is the best place to do so? The passivic coast? We have no idea and we will come and visit Panama in December. It would be good to know already where to stay, and in what region to start with our search.

How can I find a lawyer to help us and whom I can trust?
What do I have to think about for not make to many mistakes?

I be glad with every note you will write to me. ThTellanks!

Anja

being from europe and with your language skills visit chile or other places in south america
join non english forums and you will find loads of infos
there is not much tourism in panama as in costa rica and belize
you right the northern hemisphere is done

We have to go to Panama. Its the only option for us. I know that Panama want to boost tourism in that country, And I see opporunities for that.
I did'nt find non english forums as dutch expats or german expats. Do you know an interesting forum for me?

Facebook has a busy and useful forum called Expats in Panama, in English.
Kraemerlaw.com for a very good lawyer
Most of the activity in Panama is along the Pacific coast except Bocas del Toro and maybe Portabello area. You are likely to find the most expats and tourists around Coronado, Pedasi, Boquete.
Yes, you can pretty much live outdoors if you have a roof to keep off the rain.

Thank you Kris for you reply.
Could you tell me something about wintertime in Panama? Is it much raining there?
Does it rains days after days or some hours and then its dry again?

Rainy season is from April to December with the most rain in October and November. It's sunny in the morning, clouds come in the afternoon, and it rains in the late afternoon and/or early evening. It doesn't always follow the rules but this is what you can expect in general.

I Forgot to add, that is the Pacific side. On the Caribbean side it rains at any random time and at any time of year.

Chiriqui life is a good forum to follow: http://www.chiriqui.life/

Also do a search on Expat bloggers in Panama.  Many great informative blog post.