Close

Resignation

Hello, I'm a new expat in Bahrain just only 5 months here, and I'm an office assistant but I am not happy with my job. I want to resign and find a new job, or just go back to my country and apply there. My question is am i allowed to do that even i'm just new here, do i have to pay my sponsor? what should i do?

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, but according to law unfortunately employer could ask you to pay if you dont honor your contract.

T&R

Thank you for that information. Now I need to find solution to this problem.

Thanks.

good day everyone ,

i send my resignation letter already yesterday to post office , now my next step is to go to LMRA right ? notify them that I want to leave my current employer ?
One thing , My contract is 2 years , i finished my 1 year already , i dont want to work anymore with my current employer because im not happy anymore , yes i understand that they can sue me for not completing my contract but they violate a lot of LMRA rules. what will i do now? do i need to pay for not completing my 2 years contract ?

You can try approaching LMRA and explain them the situation and hopefully they can help.

good luck

T&R

Expatriate health insurance in Bahrain

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bahrain

Moving to Bahrain

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bahrain

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in Bahrain

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bahrain