University of Malta: Individual courses available?

Hi!

I'm planning on moving to Malta for few months to figure out whether it would be a country I would like to live in for a longer period of time.

I wouldn't want to "waste" my time but to do something useful. I was wondering whether I could study anything that would be useful to me. I'm a registered nurse (Bachelor of Healthcare, nursing) and I'd love to study something related to my job and maybe get to know more about Maltese healthcare system additionally. Also language courses would be great.

In my country we have "open university" which basically means I could study individual courses in university instead of the whole degree and pay for the ECTS I'm earning. Later on I could include those studies in my degreestudies if I would decide to apply for degreestudies. Does University of Malta have this kind of opportunity? Any other ideas how I could make use of my time there?

Why not directly ask the admissions department at the university?  :/

Open Universities around the world are increasingly offering online programmes so you don't have to be in a particular domain to get started.

Malta does not have an open university per se but the government offers a number of lifelong learning courses. You receive a certificate at the end and they are accepted as credit in the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF).

Courses range from language learning to improving health. Admissions open in July. Classes start in the first week of October and typically run for either 16 weeks or 32 weeks.

Classes are held in various localities. Here's the link: https://lifelonglearning.gov.mt/Home.aspx

At the University level, a new liberal arts course has been on offer where you build your own programme. It's called PLAS. You can take specific units without any end goal. For example, last year I was interested in taking the "The effects of Sanskrit on European Civilisation", hnnng.

Here's the link for PLAS: https://www.um.edu.mt/clas