Close

Where are the expats??

Hello again everyone,

Does anyone know whether Sosua/Cabarete or Punta Cana/Bavaro has a bigger expat community?

Thanks in advance!

Probably a similar sized expat community. But with varying nationalities and socio-economic groups.

Thank you for your reply!

Straight numbers - good question. It is likely similar as stated.

Very very different demographics.

Without offending, could anyone give a little more info regarding demographics and socio-economic status within those. I'm just trying to ascertain where I might be better placed for business purposes.

Thanks in advance

You will find that PC is more geared to the tourist while the north coast (Sosua/Cabarete) is more of a diverse community.  I also think you will find a bigger Expat community on the north coast.  What kind of business are you looking at. 
Ii also think you will find more "retired non working " community on the north coast.

Bob K

Thanks a lot Bob. The business is more geared towards non-retirees so seems that Punta Cana would be a better fit.

Reality: on average takes more money to live in punta cana area then on north coast.

There are pockets of high end on north coast but lots more middle class.

Sheer numbers - i truly believe punta cana is catching up with the north coast.

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Dominican Republic