Need some advice - disillussioned

Hello,

So im married and have a 6 year old son.  We live in Greater London.  We both commute to the city.  In short, both my wife and I have grown frustrated with the UK and especially London. The last 10 years has seen a massive decline in quality of life IMO and crime seems to be an issue that cant be controlled.  We are keen to move house but have always considered moving abroad.

Both finance professionals probably means Toronto is the place for us (happy to be corrected).  I've scoured the internet for advice on where to live but rather hear it from people on the ground. Our wishlist is:

Safe clean leafy area
No idea what mortgages (if any) i can get but in the UK can afford up to a 900k GBP home.  Obviously this would change once im working in Canada, income etc
happy to commute, takes me an hour today.
Good schools

too much to ask?  appreciate any advice anyone has.

many thanks
D

Apples and oranges to a point because different destinations but my move from the UK was wonderful as I moved to a country with a far lesser drug infestation, so far less crime.
Just do it ... but check the drug situation before you decide because that controls the general crime rate.

Hi,

I'm originally from London, we relocated to Toronto four months ago with four kids for my husbands job.

When I was researching where to live in Toronto, was v hard, as it's a big city and hard to know where to start.

I'm in the process of starting a relocation consultancy to help families like yourselves. Happy to help, my email is [email protected].

Kind regards,

Anne