Orfi marriage

Hi,

I have moved from UK to Hurghada for just under a year now. Recently I was dating an Egyptian man for a very very short time. He brought up the subject of marriage (both formal and orfi) several times and even had orfi papers with him when he came to visit me from his hometown or Cairo. In the end I was not ready for a relationship with him. The other day, however, he phoned me after I left him to say I had left my passport. This is very strange. Anyway I met him again and got it back. Now I am worried sick that maybe he took my passport details to fill in an orfi paper! :-( I have not signed anything of course. What can I do now? How can I find out if he has done this? And how can I stop it if he did write my details down? I have no money for a lawyer! I am so scared. Please help.

No worries  it's Ok, since you have your passport,rest can be handled.
Just cut relationship and let me know  ur details in a private message your contact details.
No fear, he can't oblige you to leave the country as legal married foreigners .
Incase  you need urgent help no fees will be charged from me as a lawyer.
Just you cover expenses.
Orfi act was to be legal so he dont get problems with police.
No theft or bargin.
Let me know
Cheers.

Ok but with an orfi can he legalise it without me? If so, then I will face problems.

Hi

You don't need to do anything and an orfi is not valid unless you signed it and it was registered and then it is only of value to protect any children from the 'marriage' and ensure your rights.
If he has forged your signature on the orfi then he would be in big trouble and also by Egyptian law the orfi must be in both English and Arabic and you must have a copy and he must have a copy.
You don't need a lawyer all you need to do is walk away and not worry. If he contacts you again just threaten him that you have made a complaint with the police and then watch him run.

I would also change your phone numbers and /or block him.

If you really are worried and need more reassurance I have a friend that is a lawyer in Hurghada and I can get you information for free so do not pay a lawyer. Many will tell you that you need one but just take care about that.

Message me if you need any more help  :)

As tigerlily said if he contact you tell him that you made a report at police  (for sure you didn't forgot your passport there)
Also enjoy your life but without him block his calls, etc
Be the strong one infront of him