French expat in Chennai for 2 years

Hello,

I just arrived in Chennai a week ago and will stay for 2 years. I am looking to meet people here preferably english, spanish or french speaking people. Any advice regarding tourism, shopping and nightlife is welcome :)

Welcome on Expat.com ppvivier ;)

Listed below are some popular Nightclubs in Chennai:
Pasha
The Park, 601 Anna Salai
Chennai

Dublin
ITC Hotel Park Sheraton and Towers
132, TTK Road
Chennai

EC41
41 East Coast Road
Chennai
(*Open only on Saturdays)

Flame Le Club
No. 1, GST Road
Chennai

Fort St. George
Taj Coromandel
37 M.G. Road
Chennai

Lexus
Benzz Park Tulip
41, Thirumalai Pillai Road Chennai

Geoffrey's
Hotel Radha Park Inn
171, Jawaharlal Nehru Salai
Chennai

Source: Virtual Tourist website ;)

salut!

Je suis arrivée mercredi, je ne connais personne non plus. Mais malheureusement je recherche encore un logement décent sur Chennai.
Où habites-tu?

Orelly, the french speaking version of the Chennai forum is here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4203;)

Thanks Yud :)
Orelly, je suis au Taj Club House Hotel pr l'instant, c u en MP
Merci Julien ^^

Hi!

Welcome to Chennai!
Iam sure you have some info...if you wana chatch up over few drinks, you could join me during the weekends!

have a nice stay in Chennai!

ciao!

ppvivier wrote:

Hello,

I just arrived in Chennai a week ago and will stay for 2 years. I am looking to meet people here preferably english, spanish or french speaking people. Any advice regarding tourism, shopping and nightlife is welcome :)

Thanks Caxman,
Thanks for the proposal. I add you in my contacts and hope we will be able to go out for a drink shortly

Hi Mate

Welcome to chennai..Am sure you would have a lovely time out here :).. need any help dont hesitate to ask :).

Aby

ppvivier wrote:

Thanks Caxman,
Thanks for the proposal. I add you in my contacts and hope we will be able to go out for a drink shortly

Hi,

Thanks! yes, we shall try to meet during this week!!

Hi Guys,
I've been in Chennai on and off for a couple of months and the bad news is the nightlife is probably the worst in the world bar nowhere.  However, there seem to be some expat meet-ups that get organised.  Another group called Internations just organised a drinks party for expat a week or so ago, and apparently these are quite regular.  From a sports side, I've met a nice Aussie who runs a Scuba Diving and Surfing outfit in Pondycherry which is circa 3 hours drive south of Chennai.  Otherwise, at the weekend go to Ideal Beach Resort in Mamalapuram which is south of the city on the East Coast Road.  They have an Expats day rate of INR600 to use the hotels facilities and it nice to chill on the beach and play volley ball etc.... 
James

Hi All

I need a good French and English speaking guy or a gal....

Hi chennaikishore,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Can you please be more specific concerning your search and give us further details? :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team