Can you bring food to Jeddah ?

We are moving to Jeddah on 26th this month. I will like to know if I can bring any food products into the country. My husband told me we are not allow to bring any food products there! But I'm not sure about that because i have a friend works in Riyadh one years ago she told me yes!! So I'm a little bit confused....

hi, based on my experiences, it's OK to bring food to KSA. I brought meat products (rendang), chicken, vegetables, etc. So far so good, as long as it is fully wrapped. hope it helps.

Thank you so much for your replies! It helps a lot... than I know what should I prepare for moving!! ✌️

You are very welcome. And for suggestion, there are lots of asian restaurants (filipino, indonesian, thailand, chinese, japanese and korean) in Jeddah. Of course, there's no doubt, nothing beats food from the original country, but at least we're safe knowing that there are many foods we know and easy to get in Jeddah.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia.

Thank you sooo much! Not much time left for me to enjoying the freedom in my country ... don't know what's gonna happen there when we are arrived! So I will still bring something with me first! Anyway it's a excited experience.... 😊

I've read in a new book about expat life in KSA (published this year) that it's actually illegal to bring ANY food items to the kingdom.

But how strictly these regulations are enforced in reality I don't know. There is also the possibility that the author was wrong or had outdated information.