Absconding from work 4 years ago

Hi There people,

I have question and more on confession,

4 years go i went abscond from work in singapore, no legal action took from employer, i left a one day notice Letter of resignation, saying i have mental depression issue.

Fast forward to 2017, i hook up with an opportunites with new company in Singapore, and now they are processing the EP.

What are the chance that it will be granted? or i will still be on blacklist .

Thank You
TL

Why are you using the word black listed here? Based on your message, I understand that you didn't serve the notice period which is not a good sign, but if the employer didn't send you any communication mail (any consequences post your resignation) and assume you left Singapore at the same time then it might not have a major issue to your current EP process.

But if your ex employer had notified to MoM with negative comments at the time of cancelling your EP then that might have an issue now, which we don't know.
Hope you don't repeat the same mistake again, unless you really go through the mental depression. Good luck

Thank you Surya ,
the communication with the company hasnt not well already, and its a negative work culture.

i realise i supposed to give one week notice period ,since i was under probation period ( 2 months) . its my mistake, but i have mental melt down at that time.

one day later they did reach me thru email, to ask me to pay for that one week notice period payment that should be on my responsibility . so i did paid.

the rest i dont know, and i never come back to work anymore for the past 4 years.

If that was the only communication between you and the employer and based on their demand you had paid then I hope they might not have mentioned negative reviews about you to MoM. You need to have patience to wait for the result of ur application, now a days it takes longer time (an average 2 months) to see a response from MoM. Good luck

Thank you Surya :)

I agree with Surya:
You'd only have a problem if the old emplyer lodged a complaint about you with MoM (which in your case they are allowed to do). Since you had a medical reason and paid the contractually agreed penalty, it is most likely that they did not complain - but to be sure, you could contact your ex-company and ask.
Without complaint, MoM processes the new application as per normal.

Thank you Beppi, let see how it goes :)