Retiring in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Why did you choose to retire in the United Arab Emirates? What are the advantages compared with your home country?

What were your main considerations when deciding to move? For example, taxes, ease of transferring your pension, etc..

Are there any specific formalities you had to go through as a retiree moving to the United Arab Emirates (for example, is there a particular retirement visa)?

What is the United Arab Emirate's healthcare like? Have you had any good or bad experiences dealing with healthcare professionals?

Do you have any tips for other retirees in the United Arab Emirates?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

It is my dream to retire here....but i should have some business for permenamt income...pension in my homeland..is not enough at all here

Hello Priscilla,

You have asked a very interesting and thought provoking question.
Retirement is a big decision for one, as this makes a very major change in life be it for good or worse.

In my opinion- retirement must be sought provided one has well planned for his life after the event.
As we age our body responses naturally decline and therefore we must keep adapting to certain planned routines to ensure that we remain happily engrossed in activities which are - fun, fulfilling, lively and remove any boredom.

Some people look for retirement positively as they want to do things they always wanted to but couldn't because of 9-6 life, where they worked under forced conditions, but now want to take charge and command/ do things they would love to do.

Coming back to your question- certainly, Dubai is a good place- provided you can fulfill your desires and get all that you would be looking for post retirement.

Dubai has certain advantages and disadvantages-

While it is an utmost clean city with good safety rules in place, expenses and climatic conditions become unbearable. You must remain home bound. As earnings become restricted ( though not applicable to all), but for a person who has been on monthly wages with no extras, needs to make many amendments which can take away the quality of life. Visa restrictions do apply for aged persons.

Given all pros and cons if a person can plan to live a comfortable life style which can fulfill his desires and life objective, certainly Dubai would be a great place to live.

Every person has his own circumstances, as well as the conditions of his motherland. Some escape from high taxes and unstable conditions. In the United Arab Emirates, there is peace, safety, exemption from taxes, basic services and means of entertainment  i know  many Saudis  moved to UAE  and settled   especially Dubai  because of  some res ones such as  entertainment      beside  driving car for their woman which is not allowed  in Saudi

I help expats plan for retirement using the safest and most secure personal pension plans. Let me know if you are interested. Best regards

AndyHIFA wrote:

I help expats plan for retirement using the safest and most secure personal pension plans. Let me know if you are interested. Best regards

I am interested and would like to discuss further

good morning.....yes please....i need a plan for my retirement

Magdy I have sent you a private message. Thanks