Retiring in Egypt

Hello everyone,

Why did you choose to retire in Egypt? What are the advantages compared with your home country?

What were your main considerations when deciding to move? For example, taxes, ease of transferring your pension, etc..

Are there any specific formalities you had to go through as a retiree moving to Egypt (for example, is there a particular retirement visa)?

What is Eqypt's healthcare like? Have you had any good or bad experiences dealing with healthcare professionals?

Do you have any tips for other retirees in Egypt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

because the people are so sweet and so nice to me.....

if I could find a good hospital and doctor I would be in 7th heaven

the rent for a nice flat is good all bills are good for me

I can travel to any place and I love Egypt

only the medical is a problem and I am a doctor but need

a good one and a hospital when I am sick really sick

I will love to buy a property in Cairo to retire under the new residency proposed law but the intinial process to buy a property under the proposed law are complex on a tourist visa .which is what most visitors to Egypt have.
Firstly you as a tourist / visitor are not allowed to open any bank account in Egypt ,so how are you going to obtain a certified deposit certicate from an Egyptian bank when you cannot open an account to deposit the
Money for the purchase of the property.Even when bank transfers are made to Egyptian banks by foreigners to purchase a property the immigration officials at Mogamma say that your copy of your bank statement is not enough proof of transfer,
Most foreigners buy properties which are not registered / land registered and their residency apllication based on property purchased is rejected.

So please advice on the way forward for foreigners buying / investing in property in Egypt .

no problem opening an account all you need is your passport

copy of your rental contract and was 10,000 to open

I also have a friend that works at a bank not a teller

well must be a very new law do not know of it yet will check it out

but I have a good layer if you need one and he always manages

to get done what I want and legally

have never been told that I could not own property

but have been here in Egypt 11 years and laws change so much

just got my friend married and got around the new marriage laws

how long have you been in Egypt???

will get back to you

what country are you from male or female