Retiring in Czech Republic

Hello everyone,

Why did you choose to retire in Czech Republic? What are the advantages compared with your home country?

What were your main considerations when deciding to move? For example, taxes, ease of transferring your pension, etc..

Are there any specific formalities you had to go through as a retiree moving to the Czech Republic (for example, is there a particular retirement visa)?

What is the Czech Republic's healthcare like? Have you had any good or bad experiences dealing with healthcare professionals?

Do you have any tips for other retirees in Czech Republic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What are the specifics for a US citizen retiring in the Czech Republic specifically in Prague? In other words, what are the steps that need to be taken in order to retire and live in Prague? Thanks.

Hi Priscilla,

I just found your post, did you find your answer? I am looking for a retirement home/community for my 95 y/o Grandma too, so was wondering what did you find out

Thanks for any help

Katerina

Hello everyone,

Priscilla is from the Expat.com team and we launched this topic in order to have useful information about the subject. Hope others will try to share and give information.

Thank you,
Christine

I am interested is this topic. From what I understand, there is no retirement visa. I am retiring from my U.S. job at the end of the month and moving to Prague in the spring. My plan was to teach English for a few years until I start collecting social security, but what I think I'm finding out is that I would need to work (part-time) for 5 years until I qualify for permanent residency.