Help me and my French bf need some advice on getting married.

Hey guys, me and my bf is planning to get married . He is French and he's getting tired of doing visa run every couple months. The jpn didn't provide much information on the process for a French to marry a malaysian especially in the city I'm from. I hope someone can give us advise on what we need to do and what needed as in documents for his side and how much the bond for the spousal visa etc. Thanks so much .

This information concerns non-Muslim marriages

His Embassy can assist. These are the documents required http://www.lawyerment.com/library/kb/Fa … e/1021.htm

This is the process
http://www.lawyerment.com/library/kb/Fa … e/1020.htm

hello, how to apply for single status certificate for frenchman?

Ask at the French Embassy - as it is a French Legal document.

Hi, my fionce and I are also planning to get married here.. I'm Malaysian and he is French.. could I have some contact number of yours or an email address as I hope your marriage has gone through smoothly and you would be able to give me advice that would be very helpful.

hey there please check your message. hope to chat with you soon

I would like to give my experience as a Malaysian citizen and non Muslim getting married an European Citizen (European Union) in Malaysia. My husband and I spent quite a lot of time doing research thru official websites/forums,and personal experiences that I would like to gather here and hoping that will be helpful to other futures marriages.

As your purpose is to get married in Malaysia, the institution for it is JPN. JPN website offers very good information about Malaysian getting married to a foreigner. I recommend you to go through it and check what they require. You will get married either in KL or in the JPN located in the address of your Malaysian IC (preferable unless you want to come back to KL)

Your marriage can go:
- the standard way: for which you would need to stay / wait 1 month (notice period) after you apply for the marriage certificate or,
- get an express licence (within 1 week if you have all what is required): once you go with the below docs to JPN, tell them that you need to get married via express and prove them why you need to get a express licence. JPN will then give a form that needs to be signed by the Presiden of the Residen (the way its called in Malaysia) and JPN will also give you a letter called Surat Iringan (special letter addressed to the Pejabat Residen to get you an approval to get express marriage ) and JPN will address you to Pejabat Residen applicable to the location stated in your Malaysian IC. For this you need set up an appointment with the President thru their Personal assistants (PA). The PA will ask you to show and prove that you have valid reasons to get married in advance. In our case my husband had to prove that his number of holidays are limited and an email from his manager company confirming that my husband was at that time working for the company and prove from his HR department that his number of days were very limited. Once the PA is ok, she will set up an appointment with the President of the Residen. the Presiden will signed the form given before by JPN and with it you are ready to go to JPN and get married :)

These are the docs that you will  both need for the application:

For the Malaysian Citizen:
-Birth certificate,
-Marital status aka Akuan Berkanun
-Photo with passport size

For the European spouse: he or she will need to get the below docs, Birth certificate and marital status translated to BM or English by an official translator, and original and translation legalized by their Minister of Affairs in the home country, and the Embassy of Malaysia in the European country where the spouse is from and last, Legalize the orignal doc ( not the translation because apparently they used to legalize translation but not anymore) in the Minister of Affairs in Malaysia (if you miss any of this steps YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED)
-Birth certificate
-Marital status
-Passport copy showing the date of arrival in Malaysia (fundamental for the timing to get your marriage certificate)
-Photo with passport size.

With all the above given they will tell you when you will be able to officially be married (solemnization) depending if you are getting married the standard way (30 days after application) or express (1 week after application). Make sure you dress appropriately!

Good luck and congratz!

Hope that by sharing this experience it might help others!

Hey there, thank you for your reply. my then bf now husband has tied the knot last year in October. The process we going through is not similar to yours as i am a non Muslim from Sarawak. Sarawak immigration required few additional paperwork sadly 😂. And we flew in and out of KL to get his paperwork translated by a translator appointed by his embassy, went to putrajaya to get it red banded. We waited for one month to get married. He was staying in Sarawak on a tourist visa. JPN can't even give us a clear answer as they not quite sure what the Sarawak jpn requirements too. Our paperwork has become a guide to future non Muslim and French couple here in Kuching. We photocopies everything and piled it in one file and gave it to jpn here 😁 didn't want other couples to be as clueless as us.