Close

Moving to Fiji & start a small business

hi my name is Adrienne; I am working on a plan to move to Fiji & start a small business in holistic health (yoga, healthy eating, meditation) ultimately host people as bed & breakfast and offer public yoga classes. any tips or connections?

hey,nice to read your message,.i dont know how you are going to seatle business in fiji,fiji is not rich country,people working for weary little money,i bean in fiji about 15-17 time for about each time 3-4 weeks,i did not sea around any business like you want to have,a i say,people is not rich there,and dont use this sort of relaxation you are going to have there,maybe if you work and open in resorts where mostly foreigner stay,and can be your customer,but local people dont think so,wish you all the best,regards

thanks for the feedback, yes my business will be marketed to travelers seeking a retreat experience and the locals that I have spoken to are interested so what I am thinking is linking to villages and offering my services by donation and/or donate my services to the villages who are open to the experience.
ive been a few times too and understand the economic climate; my business is not about getting rich, solely sustaining myself and serving others :)

i yes understand,but you must know how the immigration,department of labor,will recognize to se you staying longer in fiji,.? especially,doing in anyway,donations,volunteering,or ? you are tourist all the time,tourist visa have limitation of staying ? doesnt matter how you think,it will look,if you are there with know plan to be working/be a rich/how you calling your staying there,living,etc,you are tourist,right,? get all inquire before putting plan,ask and explain to fiji high commission,what you want to do in fiji,.you think,voluntering/you must have local sponsor,and again its limit to stay,whet s ever you want to do with out pay,voluntering,etc.its tourist visa,you working,its work visa,you want to stay live longer apply for residence visa,

Yes, I understand that I need a visa and to verify a denomination of money.
And there are laws & protocol for immigration & doing business.
During my trips to fiji I've spoken with business owners and have been given some feedback on some of this.
There are some logistics that I still have to review.
So again thanks for your feedback, and we'll wishes to you on any of your eandevors.

Hello everyone and welcome on board Adrienne  :)

Please note that this new thread has been created from your posts on the Fiji forum so that you may interact easily.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi this is SASIREKHA from India,i like to work in Fiji can you help me

Expatriate health insurance in Fiji

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Fiji

Moving to Fiji

Find tips from professionals about moving to Fiji

Travel insurance in Fiji

Enjoy stress-free travel to Fiji

Flights to Fiji

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Fiji

2 million members!