Best Italian Restaurant In Bahrain

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good italian restaurant in Bahrain? I have strong craving for gnocchi and sunday sauce!

P.s Hi, I've lived in Bahrain 20+ years in total. I moved away for a bit and now I'm back and exploring what's new and has changed on the island in the last 5 years. Answer: not much, just taller buildings and more buildings and annoying road changes :)

TSGHerts wrote:

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good italian restaurant in Bahrain? I have strong craving for gnocchi and sunday sauce!

P.s Hi, I've lived in Bahrain 20+ years in total. I moved away for a bit and now I'm back and exploring what's new and has changed on the island in the last 5 years. Answer: not much, just taller buildings and more buildings and annoying road changes :)

Masso at The Palace Boutique Hotel in Adliya is good, expensive but good.

What is "sunday sauce"??

Thanks for the recommendation! It's on the top of my list to try out alongside Medzo in the financial harbour.
Sunday sauce is basically an Italian tomato sauce/gravy that typically has meats like braciole, meatballs, sausages, chicken, fish etc in it. Rich, tasty, and nap inducing.

Nicole's in Adliya
Kronos
Le chocolate (my Iitalian friend eats there once a week)
There is an expensive but good one in the Gulf hotel as well

Cafe Italia in Adliya seems to be a popular choice. Just ring them to book your table and tell if you have vehicle and they save you a parking spot right in front of the restaurant!  :)

Not so annoying road changes, just the silly drivers on the weekends who think they are on the Formula 1 race track or the tourists who do all sorts on the roads even in the early hours of the morning  :D

My favourite Italian is Cicco's Italian in Adliya. The service is great and the food is amazing. Well, it is subjective, of course, as it might be great for me, but not for you.