UAE license in Oman

Friends, I am planning to move from UAE to Oman. I have a car and driving license obtained three months back in UAE.

I am planning to take my car and drive the same car in Oman on the basis of my UAE license. I shall keep my UAE resident id valid for few months.

Once I get Oman license, I plan to get the car back to UAE and get it exported to Oman by doing process in UAE.

Is this a workable plan? Do any of you have any experience or knowledge on this front please?

Thank you,
Aminima

Hey Aminima,
Good luck with your move to Oman.
I think your plan will work but it depends on ur UAE visa. Here is what I know, and you can relate or ask for clarifications.
Driving between Oman and Dubai depends on 4 elements:
visa (visiting or residency)
nationality
plate number (car registration)
Driving license

- To drive in Oman using UAE driving license is Ok as long as you are a visitor to Oman once you become a resident in Oman you must have an Omani license.
- Depends on your nationality, you'd be able to convert your driving license or you'd need to go for driving tests; clarify from Royal Oman Police on your nationality.
- The car can be registered in UAE and will have UAE plate numbers as long as you have a residency visa (and emirates ID); likewise in Oman. You can't have the car registered until you become a resident.

So I think for your plan to work you probably need to be careful with the sequence of events. At the time of exporting the car, you'd need to be a resident of UAE and Oman and you'd need to have both UAE and Omani driving licenses, and surely, a valid insurance in both countries.

I hope this helps.

Ahmed