Free Tour guide in Ho Chi Minh city

Hi Kevhost,

I would like to join your team.

thx,
Anh Tran

Hi kevhost,
My name is Chau. May i join your group? Next two weeks, i will have  a whole week without studying. I hope that i can make new friend as well as improve English speaking skill. If you are interested, please contact thought email"[email protected]"

Hello,
My name is Tuyet. Im very interested in your group and i really want to become the member of the group.
I'm free on Friday and Sunday.

thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Email: [email protected]

Hi is this thread still active? I will be visiting HCMC on 17jiun 2013 and will love to meet new friends!

Pls contact me at [email protected] !

Hello kevhost,

Im very interested in your group and i really want to join it.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Email: trucan1312[at]gmail.com

Hye I'm lieza. Actually I'm planning for a trip to HCMC dis sept. I'm glad if u can helps me.... 9-11 Sept... Can email me at [email protected].... TQ

I'm not a professional guide but I thing I may help you for something that you'll need in HCMC. Because your coming days are in the middle of a week and I didn't know yet my next-year schedule.
On the whole, feel free to contact me by this email: [email protected] if you need.
best,
Trinh

Hi I would be interested in finding out more about HCMC I am here for 3 months as a volunteer. Thanks Alyson

Hi Kevhost,

My name is Thy from HCM city. I'm able to communicate in English. Could I join to your group? I'm free on weekend and weekdays night. Please let me know if you hany any plan.
You can reach me at: [email protected]

Many thanks

Hello all friends,

I am Thao. Travelling is my hobby. Then i have almost discovered a lot of Vietnamese sightseeing and landscapes from North to South of Vietnam. I can speak English, Chinese and a little Japanese.

It is so honor to share my travel feelings about Vietnam culture and human being. Welcomed all friends to Vietnam.

I love Vietnam.

Contact me by email [email protected] and i will reply shortly.

Nice day and be yourself to enjoy a life!

Thao

Hello dinh thao.

Perhaps could you share your informations with us on the forum.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi,
I'm Thao, I've been HCM for 5 years, but I've not yet traveled around all of the city. Could I join with group ? I can join at the weekend and all weekdays night.
Please let me know the chedule of this trip with personal mail:
[email protected] -

Hi all,

I highly appreciated to all your personel details and would like to open new volunteer group who could help international travelers in this city. At the same time, i saw a lot of international officers, worker or teacher stay g here and they need our assistant. So this time, we will involve these case for new group.

Let email me to regist new volunteer group than i will organize meeting soon.

My email is [email protected]
P/S: all old member who gave me email but didnot join me yet, i am the one search your email. So just let me know you are ready than i add you in.

Kevhost

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Em chào anh,

Em là Thảo, sinh viên mới tốt nghiệp trường cao đẳng Tài chính - Hải quan. Chuyên ngành của em là quản trị kinh doanh, thú thật mà nói sau khi ra trường em không biết niềm đam mê thực sự của mình là gì. Đã trải qua một vài công việc kinh doanh trước đây nhưng em nhận ra là mình không hề có duyên với nó. Tiếng anh và du lịch là niềm đam mê bất tận của em, những buổi trò chuyện với người nước ngoài ở công viên, những lần đến câu lạc bộ tiếng anh và những chuyến phượt cùng bạn bè đã giúp em nhận ra điều đó. Muốn đi đến nhiều nơi, muốn gặp gỡ nhiều người, muốn làm những việc mà chỉ có những người trẻ mới có thể làm được!

Em thực sự rất yêu thích công việc này, một hướng dẫn viên du lịch, có thể giới thiệu cho mọi người văn hóa cũng như con người Việt Nam. Em mong rằng công việc này là bước khởi đầu để em thực hiện ước mơ của mình.
Anh có thể liên lạc với em qua: [email protected]
Phone: 0902.992.884
Em xin chân thành cảm ơn!

lol English please.

Hi NguyenThiNgocThao,

Can you please post in English on the the Anglophone forum, for other members to read and participate on the forum.

Thank you,

David.

Hi everbody,
I love travel, I love to pratice my English,and I love to join in FREE guiders.
My name is Uyen, 30. My email is [email protected]

kevhost wrote:

We are English speaking volunteers. We are ready to help any travelers come to Vietnam. We just hope to make them safe and happy during their stay. That is reason we ready offer FREE guiders, exactly is travel volunteers. We knew a lot of obstacles which come to international travelers so that we will side by side if receive any need from International travelers. Let email me, if you need our help.
:cool:

Hi kevhost,
Your plan sounds really interesting and I would like to join with you too. If possible, please drop me a line.
Cheers,
Tommy

I appreciate your interest and job.
Please keep it up. Global Tourist will bless you and happy with Vietnamese People.
You are really doing good for your Country you know. To do good for your country means more tourist will come. More business will increase.
I cheer up you guys. I am Grag Simon, email: [email protected] and HP or Phone number will be available on request reply by email.
I am traveler and journey man. Based in UNESCO Singapore.

They need to abolish the ridiculous visa system in vietnam to improve tourism. Otherwise it's great here.

why do u say ridiculous? Is it hard to get visa into VN?
Btw, my email is [email protected] . Can I join your project?

Ridiculous because firstly you have to o online and get a company (who have never met you} to vouch for you for a visa approval letter. costing at lest $20 upto $70. Then you have to get passport photo's done (even though the rest of the world has discovered computer technology that has your photo on computer after scanning a passport) Then you must pay $45 for under a month $90 I believe for 3 months.To renew one can't simply go to the immigration office, one must get a vietnamese company or person to do it, and you don't even have to leave the country. Yes Vietnam's visa system is about making money pure and simple.Thailand= $0, singapore=$0 both same day and has high tourism   do the math

You are living in Vietnam - what does it matter about other countries - "when in Rome" it is a lot cheaper in Vietnam to live anyway.

Wow! Backpackers are lucky with 'free' tour guides :D

Hi,
I will be in Ho Chi Minh from 11/12/2013 till 16/12/2013. There are 3 of us. My Muslim friend is bringing along her daughter.
I would like to have a guide to take us around Ho Chi Minh city, probably just go to Cho Lon Market/Chinatown and spend about 1/2 hour there.
I have been to HCM before and I think I got a guide from this site also. This pretty young girl came on a bike and took me to District 5 to look at some materials. Didn't buy anything and spend only 5 min. there. Then it was back to Pham Ngu Lao for a chat at the park. Perfect afternoon well spent. I treated her to a set western burger meal. I will be more generous this time because it is 3 of us and we can now take a taxi.
Hope to hear from you all soon. By the way we stay near Ben Thanh market.
My friend's hotel : Gia Huy Hotel
26 Nguyen An Ninh, Ben

Food is no problem for my Muslim friends because I asked them to pack their food. Then I will accompany the guide to possibly eat at burger joints/Vietnamese food. We should give a small monetary gift for the kindness shown.

Mdm Anne

When in Rome? really? that is the weakest cliche ever. It's the same as saying when in Auschwitz do as the Germans do. I'm sorry but when I see wrong I try and address it and make change so others don't have to go through the same.

With your accepting of ridiculous systems and treatment you're only fuelling the situation by saying  "2nd rate behaviour is totally fine" rather than "We're coming to Vietnam, spending money, listen to our opinion"

Nah mate, you keep your sit on the fence, being Switzerland way of thinking and I'll keep mine.

Thanks

Hi Mdm Anne,

I suggest you to post an ad in the Tourist guide job offers in Ho Chi Minh City section. You may certainly find one like last time ;)

Wish you all the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I sent you a message via mail. Please check it out. By the way, do you have facebook or skype? I want to call you to discuss more, hi

Hi,

I am Vietnamese. Just wondering if you're still looking for volunteers.

Thx

Rebecca

If I can get some money next year I like to come back and visit again.

I agree with the views of marcus. ""We're coming to Vietnam, spending money, listen to our opinion"" .
That's why the event occurred some distinction.

marcus1982 wrote:

When in Rome? really? that is the weakest cliche ever. It's the same as saying when in Auschwitz do as the Germans do. I'm sorry but when I see wrong I try and address it and make change so others don't have to go through the same.

With your accepting of ridiculous systems and treatment you're only fuelling the situation by saying  "2nd rate behaviour is totally fine" rather than "We're coming to Vietnam, spending money, listen to our opinion"

Nah mate, you keep your sit on the fence, being Switzerland way of thinking and I'll keep mine.

Thanks

Hi Kevhost, Can i join to your group, i am free in the weekend and possible some week day evening, just email me , if u have any plan , i would love to show all the tourist around and also want to improved my english as well, thanks, just email me at :[Moderated: send details in private pls] , and have a nice day

Is this topic still available? I am interested in guiding and wanna join this group.
I am free at weekends and kind out-going, sometimes a bit crazy (funny) and look forward to talking to foreigners who visit our country.
If yes, please email me at [email protected].
Hope you guys have a nice day

Regards,

Hi guys, i plan to visit HCMC from 8th - 11th Mar. Would appreciate if someone could provide me some useful information such as which infamous places to visit, restaurant, clubs, hotel etc...

Thanks in advance.

hello!
I am Cam.
I am a student in HCMC univercity of culture.
My major is tourguide.
I d' love to make friends with many travelers , who want to visit VietNam.
I am also d'love to join this group. I can help some traverler to get information about tourism or the life in HCMC for free.
I work parttime in a Thailan restaurent in the evening,I study in the morning, but I have  more free time on daytime, special is in every afternoon and the weekend.
Contact me if you need some help or want to make friends.
I am very glad to help you.
My facebook: facebook.com/cam.dola.
My email: [email protected].

Hi,
Im not a foreigner but Ive never been to HCM and Im hoping to travel there during my trip back home this summer (Im currently living in Seoul). So if someone has a bit free time to show a stranger around the city, Id really appreciate it :)

Contact me at [email protected] if youre interested even a little bit (yes I know its a lame email address haha, made it in a dare)
ps: Ive always wondered whether the locals refer to the city as HCM or Saigon

Hi,
Can I get a chance to become one of the members in your Group?
Many thanks and best regards,
Le Hang
Email: lehang.tra{at}gmail.com

You look a bit young 18+ but for a baby you type very well

Hihihi
I'm myself not a baby any more, but I'm still a baby (to someone else). (I do hope so!!!) :par: