Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

Studying in Egypt

Hi, I live in Europe and I am considering to study in Egypt for 6 or 12 months. I am thinking about living in Cairo but I'm not quite sure yet due to all the things I have read about (is it really that bad). I am looking for a place that's not too overpopulated, with cheap living conditions, multicultural, quiet and no hate/racism.

I need some help and your honest opinion since I don't know much about Egypt

Hi,
You can stay at zamalek,  maadi or garden city,  that places are the most safe for expats but not cheap.
Best regards.

Alerhab

Hello,
Living in Cairo for 6/12 months will not be a problem at all (It is not that bad), It's more of a sexism culture than racism haha
But that's worldwide issue, right?
Aanyway there are a lot of services available that can help you out w/ finding a good place within your budget, I would recommend a place nearby your college/institution, more easy given the traffic madness.
Please let me know if you need any help.
Have a wonderful day.

Live close to where you study. Traffic is horrible and public transportation is not good. Dokki is good if you will study in Cairo University. Heliopolis good if you will study in Ain Shams University. If you are studying in universities in New Cairo or 6th of October then definitely try to find a place there. Share an apartment with other students to reduce your costs of living.

It depends actually where are you gonna study and depends on the the people if you got to know people in Cairo everything will be alright. I know Solo female friends who have been living here and at first they didn't like it but then they grew to like it . So first know where are you gonna study and then start looking for good places near it and if you need any help don't hesitate to contact.

@mostafa zaghlol

I just checked them out, they look quite fancy and expensive, but I'll put them on my list anyway in case I don't find anything better. Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Expatriate health insurance in Cairo

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cairo

Moving to Cairo

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cairo

Travel insurance in Cairo

Enjoy stress-free travel to Cairo

Flights to Cairo

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Cairo