Cheap shipping to Mauritius

Hi, does anyone know of a cheap and easy way to ship items to Mauritius? I've been looking for a levelling compound to mix with acrylic paint that simply doesn't exist here. I can buy it on Amazon from UK or US or from other online suppliers in South Africa, China, Australia, UAE etc, but as I need about 3 litres, the cost of shipping and then tax on top, will be approx three times the cost of the product itself. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Have you had quotes from DHL or UPS or FEDEX on this item as these companies have world wide operations and in past experience on-line shops tend to have a general fee that they apply whereas the regular parcels companies will have price tariffs.  The other important issue is time. Marine shipping is often cheaper than air freight/airmail but is much longer in delivery timescales. Also companies like DHL handle very well customs clearance on arrival in Mauritius and advise when required how much import duty will need to be paid and they do this also as payment on delivery so you don't have to go and visit the NRA or any office or clearance facility. 

If you try something like e-bay the prices can vary according to what the supplier offers , the cheapest price might have the highest shipping costs to Mauritius but others might have a higher unit cost but sometimes free shipping. 

Also  many on-line shoppers will only tell you near the end of your search whether or not they will ship to Mauritius or not