Finding a way to immigrate into NL with my family with a unique twist.

I just emailed an immigration lawyer about our situation, but I thought I'd post here to see what you guys think.  I'm hoping that it would be possible to have her sisters family sponsor myself and her moms boyfriend as there's no way for us to immigrate otherwise. Then to have her mom come in as a medical defendant on my girlfriend.

I'm learning dutch right now, and would have a decent understanding of it before we moved.

I've removed names though, here's what I sent.

Hello!

My long term girlfriend (T) and I have a unique situation in trying to find a way to move to the Netherlands to work and live.  Her family immigrated to the country in 1998 and returned back to America where they have stayed until now.  Here are some facts about our situation.

- Her father is a natural born dutch citizen

- T was born in America while her father was married to her mother

- When her family returned to America, her sister stayed in the country with the residence permit. She is now a dutch citizen married to a dutch man with two dutch children born in Netherlands

- Her sister has agreed to support or sponsor us until we can provide for ourselves financially

- When they originally traveled to Netherlands, T did not have a passport. She traveled under her fathers

- T has an (expired)American passport with only Entry to America stamped in 2003
   - While T was in Netherlands, she was never registered as a Dutch citizen

- T and I have been together for over 4 years and have a child together

- Our child was born in America while we are unmarried

- We plan on getting married but have held off and just not done it yet. We are willing to get married at anytime if it helps

- T's mother is disabled and T is her mothers caretaker. Her mother is dependent on T

- T's mother has a long term American boyfriend for over 4 years and have been living together for the entirety of the relationship

- Neither her mothers boyfriend, or I, can be classified as skilled workers

- T does not work, she stays at home to take care of our child.

- T's mother collects disability through social security

- T's mother's boyfriend works full time at an ambulance company as a field support technician

- I also work at the same company full time as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic

We would like to find a way to have all of us be able to immigrate to the Netherlands together. I am emailing you to see if it is possible.  I have attempted to do research through the IND website and other websites but keep finding various conflicting information. I am also having a hard time finding information that is fully applicable to us as we are both in America and most articles pertain to a partner already established in Netherlands.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Xodus and welcome to the Forum. :)

If "T's" father was a Dutch citizen at the time of her birth, then she is also a Dutch citizen, this link will take you to the relevant section of the Dutch government website.  She just has to apply for a passport; the link explains the process.

With regards to yourself; you would need to apply as a spouse or registered parter; this link will take you to the relevant section of the Dutch Immigration department that explains that process.

With regards to your girlfriends mother and her boyfriend; I think she can get in via the family of an EU citizen; this link explains the process.

I'm struggling with mum's boyfriend; if they were married, then it should be doable, but I'm not sure.  My advice is to speak to the IND, their contact details can be found via this link.  You should be able to do all this without spending your cash on a lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your journey.