How to get marriage license when you can get a non impediment

Hi, I am engaged to my Norwegian boyfriend and here visiting presently, I didn't need a visa because my country is visa free for up to 90 days however we was told we could get married while I am here before the 90 days up instead of going home and applying for the long wait for a 6 months visa to get married, but i do not have a non impediment from my country to get the marriage license approve, I will have to go back home to get that document and come back to Norway and get married.  Can I get a lawyer here to do one? Do anyone had an experience with not having a non impediment certificate available and got other option. Please I will let to hear from you 😀😃

http://www.skatteetaten.no/en/person/Na … in-Norway/

You need to submit documents to Skatt to get a license that allows you to book appointment with the courthouse to register for marriage.  if you do not have document to prove that you are free to marry, your application for license will get rejected.

Note that it is summer now so they (both Skatt and courthouse) might have limited working hours and short handed.  Your 90 days visa might be very short during this period of the year.

Thank you for night for your response 😊 Will take that into consideration

needajobnow27127 wrote:

Can I get a lawyer here to do one? Do anyone had an experience with not having a non impediment certificate available and got other option. Please I will let to hear from you 😀😃

That is not something that a lawyer anywhere can do, it must be issued by the authorities in your home country.  You'll need to obtain that, and return.

Please also note that once you have obtained the non impediment certificate, you need to get it notarized by the right authority.  I am unsure what authority will do that for you in your country.  In my country, it has to be "certified" with a stamp from our Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  That is the only way the norwegian authority will recognize as an official certificate.

fornight wrote:

Please also note that once you have obtained the non impediment certificate, you need to get it notarized by the right authority.  I am unsure what authority will do that for you in your country.  In my country, it has to be "certified" with a stamp from our Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  That is the only way the norwegian authority will recognize as an official certificate.

The correct term is legalized, not notarized....but you had the right intention :)