Tips about way of life there, dos and don't

Hi my husband and I have brought a property in the Burgas region and plan to move there once our U.K. house is sold. There is a lot of work to do so will be looking for builders ect.

We would love be to get any useful tips about way of life there, dos and don't, reliable tradesmen and meet expats.

Debbie

I don't much about the builders, but I can say I've seen some shoddy work around Sarafovo. Please be careful with your choice and have regular checks. Some seem to cut corners with plumbing and wiring as well as the brickwork.
It seems quite easy to meet expats at pubs and around the city as well.
Life is slower and you have to accept that, I find it hard to slow down at times.
I enjoy the salt pans north of Burgas (Solnitsi) where you can (for FREE) float on the water and cover you body with healing mud, then have a wash in the sea, followed by a snack and drink at the cafes. Apparently there's an open minibus that meanders along from the city and Sarafovo, but I haven't found it's timetable.

Hi, I dont live in your area, but all I can say is that please be careful who you choose to do your renovations for you....check if you can on work they have done and do not take anything for granted. Its best if you can be here when the work is being done as well so that you can be on hand to check out what they are doing..........Good luck with your new adventure, its all a learning curve. We have been here for 10 years now and we have loved every minute of it...........even when we have been snowed in for days on end and have no electricity, no electricity means no heating, so make sure you have a back up...we have 2 mobile gas heaters. Oh and when you buy your hob for your cooker make sure you have 2 gas rings and 2 electric ones in case the electricity goes off....