Primary Teachers Perth

Hi all can anyone tell me is there much work for primary school teachers in Perth.
Any teachers out there I would be grateful if they could tell me a bit about the school day, pay etc.
Thanks! ;)

Hi there. I am a permanent teacher in Perth and it is quite easy to get relief work in Perth as a teacher. it is very difficult to become permanent though and you do need to be registered. It took me 13 years to gain my permanency and it was very stressful. I am not sure what employment for teachers is like in the other states. Relief teachers are well paid but that also reflects the fact that you only get paid for the days that you work and there is no pay on the holidays. There is no guarantee that you will get work every day either.

hi every one,

I m secretarial and Computer Instructor and have 20 years extensive experience of teaching, anyone can help me for searching this kind of job.....please i want to move Australia with my two children who are under 18.

Hello world! I am a qualified vet and Aussie currently living in The Netherlands but have practiced for 10yrs in England, MRCVS etc etc. My husband is an accountant and we have a one year old son, I want to go back to Oz desperately (have been away far too long) but all of my friends and family are scattered from the West Coast to the East, I grew up in WA mostly in the country, was born in Perth. Can anyone suggest where I can bring my beautiful family to settle? We love wine, nature, culture etc. I haven't been back for so long (last time was 2007!) I don't know whats going on where Help!! Friendly greetings from Claire

Hi Wildflower,

Thank you for the post, it is really encouraging to read it :) I am a secondary school teacher and am thinking of teaching in Perth. May I know what is the qualifications required to teach in Perth?