Concern - Immigration of Appeals Board

Hi I'm Esther, by any chance, is there someone who could tell me where i could go to follow up my appeal in the immigration appeals board? Its already 8 months now since i submitted all my documents to substantiate my appeal but no response from their office yet. Last month i went there to ask but i was just given a very dissappointing answer by the lady there. She just said," just wait there are more people ahead of you." She didn't even know how to help me. The most sad part is,  i have an opportunity to be hired for another job but i can't change job because i need to wait for the response of the board.  Please help.

Esther17 wrote:

Hi I'm Esther, by any chance, is there someone who could tell me where i could go to follow up my appeal in the immigration appeals board? Its already 8 months now since i submitted all my documents to substantiate my appeal but no response from their office yet. Last month i went there to ask but i was just given a very dissappointing answer by the lady there. She just said," just wait there are more people ahead of you." She didn't even know how to help me. The most sad part is,  i have an opportunity to be hired for another job but i can't change job because i need to wait for the response of the board.  Please help.

Hi Esther17,
Sorry to hear that you have problem.  I tried to search the regulations but could not find any deadline for appeal board. Maybe you can try to search at this site: http://justiceservices.gov.mt/

Can you share with us under which ground your immigration right has been rejected which lead to appeal? It's really a scary situation for immigrators like us.

Hi Esther

I hope you have success with your appeal.

I am going to Valletta to appeal tomorrow my ID card and my Daughters were issued and last week we got a letter to say they had been cancelled and my husbands refused. Because they think I'm currently employed in the UK however I'm not.

Can I ask how much you paid to log your appeal as I can't find the information anywhere online and my lawyer said be prepared with cash.

Catherine

it's an e-residence card not an ID card.

Yea sure don't suppose it makes any difference to this post...

If you want to use correct terms it's actually a registration certificate in the form of a card

Catherine-naffeti wrote:

If you want to use correct terms it's actually a registration certificate in the form of a card

It is actually an eResidence card and it contains your 'residence documentation' and ID.

Ray

So nobody knows the cost of the appeal?

Catherine-naffeti wrote:

So nobody knows the cost of the appeal?

Sorry never heard of this happening before, hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Thank you hope so the lawyer has written a good letter

@ Catherine,
Even, if you work in the UK (which i assume is your home country), the law allows you to be resident in another EU country while simultaneously working in your home country, but you must not be absent in host country for more than 6 months in a year. There are union law references (relating to Directives 2004/38 EC) and a law firm that can I can refer if you need such.
However, you noted they assumed you are working in the UK, when you ain't.
Hope this meets you well.

Hello

I, from an Arab country, live outside the European Union,

I have been refused my application, for a permit (work - residence), after a period of more than 12 weeks,

The answer came, the justification for rejection is the letter of trusteeship,

But the employer's lawyer filed an appeal and the new documents are attached to them, a diploma, and another certificate confirms the authenticity of the letter of trusteeship I,

Can you approve this appeal or not?

Thank you

Marouan81 wrote:

Can you approve this appeal or not?

Thank you

we are just other people like you sharing advise.  If you need to contact the authorities with your question.

You're right, thank you so much