Living in La Alcaidesa (near Gibraltar)

Hi,
I'll be working in Gibraltar in the next few weeks and I'm strongly considering living in La Alcaidesa but I've got a couple of concerns:
-- what is the public transport like? As I won't have a vehicle for the first few months so I'll be relying on buses to get to work.
-- I know it's quiet but how quiet? what shops, bars, restarurants are there? My partner won't be working intially and I'm concerned she'll feel isolated while I'm at work if it's too quiet.

Any information you have have will be a great help!
Thanks
Sam

Harper.

If you live in Spain and work in GIb you will need to check the special tax arrangements for cross border workers. 

Also,  if you live in Spain you will have to register on the EU Citizen's Register as being resident in Spain (often incorrectly called Residencia, which since April 2007 only relates to non EU national) and get the credit card size, piece of green paper (incidentialy, which must not be plasticised / covered with a plastic laminate).

And you will need to check what vehicle reg you will to be legal in Spain and in Gib.

Thanks John,
Yes I'm aware I need to register to live in Spain and may be charged additional tax.
Have you got any knowledge of Alcadeisa to share in relation to my post?

Harper, I don't think it is additional tax but where you should pay the tax, Spain or Gib. 

It is set out in over the border tax regulations. People who work in Portugal, Andorra, Gib or France but live in Spain are all affected.