Planning to retire in Cebu

Hi everybody, 
I am a new member, and this is my first post on the forum. 
I am planning to retire and move from Aus. to Cebu City as a permanent resident, probably in a couple of years time.  By then, my condo will be constructed and paid for. 
I want to know of experiences of Aussie ex-pats regarding receiving the Aussie pension payments while living in Phil.  What is the best way to set up a long-term working process? 
Thank you.
Big Dude.

Hi big fella. I am an Aussie living here in Cebu at present. I am also interested in replies to your question. Feel free to PM me for other concerns you may have.

Hi gmcne4, 

Whereabouts in Cebu are you? 

How long have you lived in Cebu? 

Are you drawing any payments from the Aussie Govt? 

Cheers, 

Paul.

Hey I'm German and plan to live in Cebu as soon as possible...Maybe we can share some experiences...

try The Social roof  top of Ayala center Cebu ... good drinks there lots of americans

Ayala, out on the balcony.

enjoy
but at same time be careful

and btw "lots of Americans" is that a plus?

Im an American lawyer retiring with my Filipina wife soon to either Manila or Cebu.  I'd like to know preferences and the pros and cons of living in each. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Hy Big Dude 2,

I'm German and we both sharing the exactly same plans. I also plan to retire with my wife in Cebu and just started to build a house in a subdivision there.
It will take between 4 and 6 Years to get my retirement, but until there everything will be finished so that I only have to unlock the door and everything is finished there.

Hi, I'm also retiring to Cebu but from California. This is a post that definitely has my interest! I'm married to a Filipina and have purchased 2 homes in LILO-AN, in subdivisions and not very big, but paid for. Plan to retire in 2020 and then make the big move to Cebu. When i move i will sell my house here and buy property and build or buy already built? And then rent out the houses and use that as some extra income. I will have a pension to live on and very curious how other Ex-Pats manage their money? How to receive, best banks, how to pay taxes, etc... My wife is very interested in Ukay-Ukay store and hope to help her with that to stay busy. And when i want, hop on a motorcycle and travel and camp on the beaches on and near Cebu

Hey paul... was hoping you got some good ideas back so I could also take it all on board as well, but unless they give you help in PM's there seems no help at all here for your questions. I am of no help to you either, except to say there is a way to get your pension deposited direct in a Philippine bank and live there full time. I just dont know how to go about it just yet. In the same boat as you I guess.

Thank you. Citibank claims they have free, seamless transfers across international boundaries, so I will explore that

Hello Paul
I am Australian living in Cebu for the last 9 months. I have my pension ( I am 67 )paid into my acc. in Aust then transfer about $5000 a time to my wife's savings acc. ( card )  cost $10 a transaction, much cheaper than withdrawing through your credit card. Feel free to pm me any time.
I am thinking of starting another post for a meet up once a month or fortnight probably in Ayala

Hi,
My name is Mark from Sydney. Planning the big move to Bohol /liloan in 2019. Very Very interested how you receive your Auzzie Pension while living in Cebu? I was told unless you relocate to a country that Australia has a reciprocal agreement with you can't get it. Unfortunately the Philippines is not one of those countries.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards
Mark

I have thought many times about retiring in the Philippines. It is a cheap country, with many services and the character of the people is very good. Depending on the monthly salary you have, you can live well or very well. If I had to choose an area, this would be Palawan. Is there anything better than a sunrise in El Nido? A walk along the beaches of Port Barton ... In terms of gastronomy it is also easy to adapt, tourism has managed to have all kinds of food.