Part-time job with tourist visa

Hello everyone,

I am from Germany and I will do my internship after my graduation in Kuala Lumpur.
Since the company's salary will not be enough to cover all expenses, is it possible to work part-time in the evenings or week-ends in a cafe / bar to gain extra money with a tourist visa?

And is there any cheap accomodation in or around Bangsar South ?

Thank you for your help!!!

Your employer should apply for an internship visa for you and not expect you to work on a tourist visa. The reason is it is strictly prohibited to work when a tourist. But are you not on a student visa since you are "graduating in Kuala Lumpur"?  Look at the PVP visa Category VI on page 27 https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook-v3.pdf

It may be difficult to find any work, as working illegally is a huge huge hot potato at the moment, due to all the immigration raids that are taking place. This is the result of the non-compliance by employers during the re-hiring programme. Employers failed to register their workers. They will be fined heavily for having illegal workers persent on their premises. You really don't want to be placed in a Malaysian detention centre for immigration breaches. It would not be a nice experience.

www.ibilik.my has cheap shared accommodation. Pantai Hill Park usually is a good place to look, plus around LRT Kerinchi out towards Asia Jaya. But sometimes shortish periods are not easy to arrange.

Oh I see...
Thank you so much for your advice, I will get in touch with the company concerning the visa.