Close

Meeting people

Dear All,

Just a simple question. Do any ex- pats live in Rayong at all? I am new on here but am now in my fifth week here. Very early days, I know but although I am quite happy with my own company and am embracing everything Thai and the non-touristy side of Rayong, nevertheless it would be nice to meet someone just for a chat, a coffee..whatever.  Trying to learn the language too. Any ideas would be greatly received.

One suggestion: the greater the frequency of being in any place the greater the opportunity of socializing with people. You might even pick a regular time and find out that there other people who go there during that time frame. Just a suggestion. Even the shop people will get to recognize you and become more friendly with you.

Thank you for your suggestion. Much appreciated. I am already getting to know many of the locals but of course I don't know enough of the language and vice versa!! So it's a case of hanging out in bars which is not really my scene I'm afraid! But I take your point.

I've switched over to hanging out in coffee shops. At my age I end up drinking tea. I also remember an old bar trick. Drinking a clear soda with a piece of lime in it, to make it look like a cocktail. But having worked in the bar business there are many people in bars that end up as a disappointment.

Thanks Bill!

Expatriate health insurance in Thailand

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Thailand

Moving to Thailand

Find tips from professionals about moving to Thailand

Travel insurance in Thailand

Enjoy stress-free travel to Thailand

Flights to Thailand

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Thailand