Close

Best Marina Alta area to both live-year round and rent out?

Hi all,

I'll be in the Marina Alta area from Sept 11 through Sept 22 to look at and hopefully buy my retirement home.
I've been looking at and reading up on the different towns/areas and would appreciate your input to help me select what would fit my bill: peaceful and quiet, private yet not isolated, surrounded by nature and beauty (no high-rise, party town or douchey country club vibe please) yet with enough going on to make living for a low-key, artsy and affable single person interesting :)
Of course I'd love an ocean view but I hear places like Moraira (which looks heavenly) get horribly swarmed by tourists in the summer which I've been told actually makes living close to the beach not desirable. Truth or myth??
I like that Moraira doesn't allow those high rise monstrosities I see in other seaside towns.
So how are Moraira, Xabia and Denia to live year-round, really? And what about Benissa Costa or Benitachell? Note: I do NOT want a ghost town that closes down for the winter.
Someone has suggested looking more inland, like the Orba and even Jalón valleys which also look lovely. My concern is: are they too far from the beach? I live inland in Los Angeles and never go to the the beach here because of how much of a pain in the ass it is to get there, so I already know what that's like. Although I hear places closer to the beach like above El Portet are horrible in that regard due to summer traffic. Any thoughts?
How are Benidoleig, Gata de Gorgos, Pedreguer, La Xara, La Sella? Sagra? What are these places like, any one of them you'd recommend or advise against?
And seaside Pinar de L'Avocat-Cometa, Paichi, Benimeit?
I'm 100% bilingual (Spanish is actually my first language, born in Argentina) and speak French, Italian and Portuguese as well so I get along with folks from just about everywhere (except maybe old Germans and such who I hear are a pain in the ass to have as neighbors - again, truth or myth?).
Thanks in advance!

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)