Best place to live with a dog

Hi!!
First of all thank you for the lavour you do here, you are so helpful!

Second a bit about myself: My name is Silvia and my boyfriend (in September my husband) found a job in Bahrain, he is now there and I'm planing to move after our wedding. We have a dog (25 kg) and we are looking for a good place to live. As he will be working 8 hours per day I'm going to be alone most of the day so we want a flat in a place close to supermarkets, restaurants, gyms and most important a park ( or a place) to walk our dog. I also do yoga, so something close to a yoga school would be perdect! Do you have any advice??

Thanks in advance!!

PD: I almost forgot... do you think if I go to visit him before we get married could be a problem?

They do not care about the marriage situation here as much as the other GCC countries. My girlfriend is 24 weeks pregnant and we still aren't married so don't worry haha.

Regarding the dog, you have no luck at all. We have 3 at the moment and have had up to 9 at once. Most locals can't stand them and are terrified. You won't be allowed in any parks unless you manage to be alone.
The best places are beaches, before 7am and after 7pm to actually have any space to let them off.

It's a nightmare having dogs here, but we wouldn't give them up for the word. I would advice having a villa with a garden otherwise you might struggle!

Jordan_ wrote:

They do not care about the marriage situation here as much as the other GCC countries. My girlfriend is 24 weeks pregnant and we still aren't married so don't worry haha.

Regarding the dog, you have no luck at all. We have 3 at the moment and have had up to 9 at once. Most locals can't stand them and are terrified. You won't be allowed in any parks unless you manage to be alone.
The best places are beaches, before 7am and after 7pm to actually have any space to let them off.

It's a nightmare having dogs here, but we wouldn't give them up for the word. I would advice having a villa with a garden otherwise you might struggle!

Hi!! Thanks so much for your response!

Finally it seems we found a nice flat in Juffair Nord :) The beaches are a good option for us, my dog loves play with the sand! Not me, because after I need to clean her ayes carefully XD

Finally it seems we found a nice flat in Juffair Nord :) The beaches are a good option for us, my dog loves play with the sand! Not me, because after I need to clean her ayes carefully XD

The beaches in Juffair ?  :/ Ok not quite so the beach you may be used to your country but in Juffair i wouldnt call it a beach exactly but its ok for stroll with your dog.

There are alot of people who do take their dog for walks in juffair so you wont be alone  :)  - its a quiet place well most of the time, and a nice place too.

Hope you will like it in Bahrain  :)

jazzy851 wrote:

The beaches in Juffair ?  :/ Ok not quite so the beach you may be used to your country but in Juffair i wouldnt call it a beach exactly but its ok for stroll with your dog.

Hahahaha!! Nooo, I didn't mean the beaches in Juffair, but beaches in general   :lol:

Hahahaha!! Nooo, I didn't mean the beaches in Juffair, but beaches in general   :lol:

Ok glad you have a sense of humour.   :D

You will have to take a look at the 'beaches in Juffair' then you can smile  ;)

Opposite Al Najma sports club there is wide open space where alot of people like to chill on the weekend, alot of families, people playing sports or some just sitting there enjoying the good view of the sea!   :)