What's your favorite Beach in Puerto Rico?

We have the most amazing beaches but I have to say that these are on my top list.
What's your favorite Beach?

1) Buye Beach in Cabo Rojo
2) Half Moon Beach, Red Beach & Navia Beach in Vieques
3) Flamenco Beach in Culebra
4) Playa sucia in Cabo Rojo
5) Cerro Gordo in Vega Alta
6) Los Jobos in Isabella
7) Palomino island in Fajardo

Here's a link with some hidden beaches:
http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/ … oc=sharefb

Where to go/ Para dónde voy:  Is a facebook page with ideas on places to go in PR
https://www.facebook.com/pdvpr/

I love this page, where it gives you a video of a place, town or a beach in Puerto Rico.
https://www.facebook.com/puertoricodesdeeaire/

Enjoy!!

Playita rosada in La Parguera
Caracoles off La Parguera
Playa Sucia in Boquerón

1. Playa Sucia (Playuela) in Cabo Rojo - My favorite beach on the mainland. And beautiful renovated lighthouse and cliffs.
2. Crashboat in Aguadilla - Lots of food trucks, the only beach that has them in spades. Also has a couple of small bars.
3. Jobos in Isabela - my home beach 5 minutes from the house. Great restaurants and bars, plus you can watch surfing all day if that's your thing. Great during the day and night.

For a true beach lover's vacation, nothing beats going to Vieques for a few days. Numerous untamed beaches to name. Rent a 4x4 and have at it.

Then you have Flamenco in Culebra which always makes the Top 10 lists for world beaches.

There is no such thing as a bad beach.

So far....my favorite beach in P.R. is Media Luna, Vieques. My # 2 pick is Playa Flamenco Culebra but Playa Resaca is equal to it and much more private but somewhat difficult to get to on foot. I am returning next month to explore more of Puerto Rico's beaches.

Balneario Monserrate, Luquillo

adlin20 wrote:

Playita rosada in La Parguera
Caracoles off La Parguera
Playa Sucia in Boquerón

Never heard about the Playa Rosada in la parguera.  Is this like  un "pozo" type of beach or more like crash boat or Mar chiquita "Big waves".

Playa Rosada is actually a rectangular "pool" at the beach. It is completely enclosed like a pool would be. Been meaning to check it out, but when i get down there, i always end up hitting my friend's boat for some diving.

Islandman wrote:

Playa Rosada is actually a rectangular "pool" at the beach. It is completely enclosed like a pool would be. Been meaning to check it out, but when i get down there, i always end up hitting my friend's boat for some diving.

Thats awesome!! I have to add this one to my list too.

Weird name then since it means pink beach.

Playa Sucia.

When I lived in OSJ I would walk or ride my bike to Escambron Beach.  Not a bad beach at all for being so close to OSJ.  There are many trees to set up a hammock, and the training pool that Scuba Dogs use has lots of sea turtles

Flamenco Beach Culebra
Zoni Beach Culebra
Tortuga Beach Culebrita

CasaSunny wrote:

Flamenco Beach Culebra
Zoni Beach Culebra
Tortuga Beach Culebrita

Tortuga beach in culebrita is that the island next to culebra?

Yup, exactly. You can take a 20 minute water taxi over there, hike the lighthouse, see the goats, swim in the tide-pools. One of my favorite places to be! Most times you will be the only people on the island.

http://www.islaculebra.com/puerto-rico/ … aches.html

Treasure beach in Culebrita  is also nice and very wild.

Culebrita is a phantom mythological island. Doesn't exist. Not worth mentioning ....if by chance it does exist.
I haven't been there (even in my imagination) but have heard from others (who also only imagined it) who said it wasn't a place that anyone in their right mind would ever visit ....but primariy (due to selfishness) would not recommend others visiting it.......even in their most vivid imaginations.

Captainculebra wrote:

Culebrita is a phantom mythological island. Doesn't exist. Not worth mentioning ....if by chance it does exist.
I haven't been there (even in my imagination) but have heard from others (who also only imagined it) who said it wasn't a place that anyone in their right mind would ever visit ....but primariy (due to selfishness) would not recommend others visiting it.......even in their most vivid imaginations.

CaptainCulebra lol!!! Was searching online for pictures of Culebrita beach and couldn't find one.

Can anyone share a picture of Culebrita beach? I'm curious!

Let's see if this link works.  Not the best picture of the swimming area.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr1y1jx1vdr42g1/IMG_0067.JPG?dl=0

Hmm. Guess it doesn't.  Picture is of Playa Rosada from the hill above it known as Punta Papayo.

Sad it doesn't open!

Blue Beach, Vieques. Absolutely isolated, raw nature. Incredible views down this long beach in either direction. You feel like you at the end of the Caribbean Islands. Nothing between you and Venezuela.

Media Luna is really nice too. Absolutely perfect for children because calm, shallow, clear water.

NomadLawyer wrote:

Media Luna is really nice too. Absolutely perfect for children because calm, shallow, clear water.

Media Luna is indeed one of the best beaches for children young and old. (No wonder I liked swimming there so much)
Sandy bottom feels silky on the tootsies and water is incredibly clear and feels like Calgon bath-salts has been added to it.
Extremely gentle waves make it a great spot for laying on one's back and simply relaxing in beauty.

I found that for adult kids like me the very best time is early morning..... shortly after sunrise until 9 am...as there rarely is anyone there (but... pssssh.... don't tell anyone that fact).

Playa Tortuga, Culebrita. Unmatched anywhere I've been able to find. By far my favorite beach in PR.
Playa Flemenco, Culebra. A close second to Tortuga.
Playa Teodoro, Isabela (Perfect for los niños)
Playa Crash Boat, Aguadilla, because it was our home beach

Captainculebra wrote:
NomadLawyer wrote:

Media Luna is indeed one of the best beaches for children young and old. (No wonder I liked swimming there so much)
Sandy bottom feels silky on the tootsies and water is incredibly clear and feels like Calgon bath-salts has been added to it.
Extremely gentle waves make it a great spot for laying on one's back and simply relaxing in beauty.

I found that for adult kids like me the very best time is early morning..... shortly after sunrise until 9 am...as there rarely is anyone there (but... pssssh.... don't tell anyone that fact).

P.s. Truthfully.... I won't share my very favorite of all time secluded and beautiful P.Rican beach....simply out of selfishness and harmless spitefully contempt for those who have not had the where-with-all to personally find such by themselves and keep it secret for themselves. lol
That written - my second-place choice is equally great... except not always unvisited/private/swimsuit free.

NomadLawyer wrote:

We love media luna beach too. Vieques has some amazing beaches to just relax as Captainculebra said lol.