New Traffic Violation & Vehicle Fines

This was just posted and has a longer list of fines and penalties. Some are even higher than the ones they have in California.

http://newtopuertorico.com/puerto-rico- … erto-rico/

Ehh. I think fees are too low with how much they're abused and broken. If the gov didn't make everyone get the same liability insurance and each had to get their own depending on driving record, I think that would make a difference.

Justpeachyy wrote:

Ehh. I think fees are too low with how much they're abused and broken. If the gov didn't make everyone get the same liability insurance and each had to get their own depending on driving record, I think that would make a difference.

I think you have a good point there. Insurance should be required and the price be based on your conduct.

I am not in the island but this desire to make more money by giving tickets I can only assume that it means more cops on the road and on the lookout to anyone breaking the smallest law. I think that would be a positive as in the long wrong it will make people more careful with their driving as it will cost them.

There are also a lot of old people driving that should not be driving anymore.

Don't tickets still stay with the car though instead of the driver? I've seen a few ads for cars that say the car is a certain price but expired marbete because of fines, and fines are included in price. There have been more police out, but you can always see them because they have their light on. So if you're going 80 in a 50 by the airport and you spot a cop, no ticket for you.