Wife is getting cold feet

Ive always been a hard charger, from my time in the military to working construction. Im at apoint where we could sell our CA home live in PR during Aug-May and stay in a family home in CA during the hurricane season. wife just doesn't seem motivated by that kind of lifestyle looks PR isnt going to happen like i planned

Mine did the same but 18 months later she agreed and she is solid on it now. So don't loose all hope and take another vacation with her to PR.

Happy wife, happy life.

I agree with Nomad  Lawyer....happy wife=happy life....but like Rey wrote don't give up on her just yet.  Take the family to PR and slowly ease her into it.  There are a few people from California that live in Rincon, maybe you can friend them and they can talk to your wife.  There's a couple that moved there and chronicle their adventures on their blog Ca2PR.  They might be a great resource.  But do listen to her concerns too!!  Buena suerte!!

I understand your wife... this whole move has me very nervous.  BUT... I'm committed to making it work for at least 3 years.  Who knows... we may never leave!

You could always  buy her some good socks...  :P

Maybe the places you've visited is not in her liking or prefered places. Puerto Rico is not for everyone. I hear people say how they like to see all 4 seasons. I don't mind but Sometimes I miss the snow but when i do I just go and visit my family in Jersey and then that fades away.

I have friends that lives in Rincón and they're all surfers and they love it there. While others prefer Dorado where is more tranquil but actually close to San Juan.

Try exploring new places and maybe she'll feel confortable but don't push her because then you'll open a pile of worms "You know what I mean lol". If my wife is happy...then I'm happy!!

We've been to the east south and have our home in the west, after speaking with her we're going to give it a year to experience it

Jyee wrote:

We've been to the east south and have our home in the west, after speaking with her we're going to give it a year to experience it

Lots of beautiful Roses for the lady.
Having a place already will also make your money go further, but like others stated, you need your local certification and start making contacts and marketing your services, it may take a couple of years before you start getting real work.

Rey

I have a Puerto Rican on the island who is a HUD contractor in the Sabana Grande area and is begging me to come work with him

I am happy to read that your wife had a change of heart and is willing to give PR a try. Wishing you both many beautiful memories on the island. It is truly a paradise and I hope a positive experience for you both.

So Jyee,
Have you made the jump?
Is the wife doing good with it?