Living in Miami

Dear all,

My name is Filipe, 34 years old, and i live in Portugal with my family.

I'm planning to move to Miami with my wife and 2 kids (2 and 4 years old).

I'd like to get some insights about how topically a foreign family adapts to this new world and if it's easy for the kids to get over it.

We're travelling from Portugal, so none of the kids speak either English or Spanish.

What kind of schools would be recommended?

And where to live? We're with an eye at Brickell since it will be "close" to our job and seems a secure place to be.

Anything you might remember please let me know :)

Thanks

Fortunately, your kids are small enough that they'll learn Spanish and English (notice the order), fairly quickly.  Also, they are young enough that you need not be concerned with schools this moment, your 4 year old has about 2 years to learn the language in time to start elementary school.

Foreigners adapt just fine there I think, as there's a large Cuban and Puerto Rican population, as well as many immigrants from Central and South America.

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the school for them, do you have any suggestion? Are there international schools?

Any Portuguese around, please just anounce yourself ;)

ifoliveira wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the school for them, do you have any suggestion? Are there international schools?

Any Portuguese around, please just anounce yourself ;)

Of course there are international schools, a simple Google search will reveal them :)  I cannot recommend any however.